Search for content in message boards

Middleton Fain bn Ga 1812 Parents

Middleton Fain bn Ga 1812 Parents

Posted: 2 Apr 2011 2:40PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Fain
Middleton Fain born in Ga in 1812 moved to and settled in N Central Alabama. Buried in Eastaboga Baptist Church Cemetary right off of Hwy I-20 east of Birmingham.

Does anyone have any idea or records who his parents where? Most likely lived in Georgia Fulton County

thanks Allan Fain

Re: Middleton Fain bn Ga 1812 Parents

Posted: 15 Sep 2012 9:22PM GMT
My Grandparents were John Archie Fain and Mary Molly C Fain of Rosie Arkansas. Would like to know also Great Great Great Grandfather. Are we of Indian Decent?
James Adkerson

Re: Middleton Fain bn Ga 1812 Parents

Posted: 31 Aug 2013 4:22PM GMT
Hi James

I don't know if you ever got a response to your inquiry. You probably already know that John Archie's father was John (Presley_i think) Fain died in 1905 and was captured by Union forces at the battle of Jonesboro Ga about 1863-4. He is buried in the Wyatt Cemetery around Rosie Ar. His Father was Middleton Fain (also spelled Finn) who died in 1876 and is buried in the Eastaboga Bap Church Cemetery. I have found no one who has any record of Middletons father. He got married in Ga about 1832 (to Syntha Skeleton) and moved to Al soon after. I have some records of him selling fodder to the Confederate army during the war but no other records.

My gggrandfather was John P Fains brother, William Terrell Fain who also lived in Rosie. I would love to know anything you may know about your GFather John Archie and/or his father John P, because I can find no info about William Terrell. I think he died in the 1890's but can find no records of anything except his remarriage about 1989-90 to Ellen Carpenter.

thanks Allan Fain Kingsport TN
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions