Search for content in message boards

John Charles Linn

John Charles Linn

Posted: 19 Jun 2005 2:23AM GMT
Any information on the above.
A John Linn was attested in to the 74th Regiment of Foot at Aughnacloy County Tyrone on 8 November 1809 aged 18 years in the rank of Private. He was born in the parish of Connor County Antrim(circa 1791) . He served 10 years and 280 days as a Private before being promoted to Corporal on 15 August 1820. He was demobilised on the 13 June 1831 after a total service of 21 Years 218 days. His age was given as 40 years and his height was 5 feet 4 inches with Sandy hair and Grey eyes. His profession was given as Weaver.

Re: John Charles Linn

Posted: 13 Jan 2013 1:45AM GMT
Classification: Query
This person interests me greatly. I have been searching for a Charles Linn born 1841. His parents are John Linn and Catherine Scott. Charles has a sister Agnes born 1839 and two younger brothers. By the time Agnes marries in 1860, her father John is dead.

What I do know about Charles Linn (my ggreat grandfather) is that he was in the English service and then went to the U.S. to serve in the civil war. While the John Charles Linn you mention would have been approximately 20 years older than Catherine Scott, they could have been married. The John Linn I am searching for was listed as a joiner on Agness Linn's marriage certificate.

Have you found any more information about your John Charles Linn? If yes, could we please compare notes to see if my John and yoru John might be one and the same?

Hope to hear from you soon.
Cindy

Re: John Charles Linn

Posted: 20 Jan 2013 1:44AM GMT
Classification: Query
Unfortunately, since my posting in 2005, I have discovered that this John Charles Linn was not my relative. My John Linn was born abt 1827 I believe in Scotland, served in the 74th Regiment of Foot(Scottish Regt)and served in India until his death in 1863. He was married to Catherine Finnerty. They had three children Julia(b1851), John Charles(b1852) and George (b1854) all in India.
Regards
Barry
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions