Terrell H. Perry Obituary

Terrell H. Perry Obituary

Posted: 6 May 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Edited: 10 Sep 2002 2:51PM GMT
Surnames: Perry, Murray, Wallace
Macon County Citizen-Montezuma Georgian - July 22,1937
T. H. PERRY, 83, CLAIMED BY DEATH
Oglethorpe, Ga. July 20 - Funeral services were held Monday afternoon at Pine Level Church for T. H. Perry, 83, prominent Macon County citizen whose death occurred Sunday night at his home near Whitewater.
Mr. Perry collapsed in a field near his home sometime Sunday morning and wasn't found until late in the afternoon. He was unconscious and grew weaker until his death about 10 o'clock.
He is survived by his wife, formerly Miss Dora Murray of Oglethorpe and one sister, Mrs. Fannie Wallace of Sylvester.
Funeral services were conducted by the Rev. W. W. Whaley of Oglethorpe and the Rev. E. L. Jenkins of Ideal.
Interment was at Pine Level with the Montezuma Funeral Home in charge.
[Note: Terrell H. Perry - Born September 25, 1854 - Died July 17, 1937 is buried in Pine Level Cemetery beside his wife, Dora M. Perry [1864-1947]

Mrs. Terrell H. [Dora Murray] Perry Obituary

Posted: 2 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 10 Sep 2002 2:51PM GMT
Surnames: Perry, Murray, Hart, Riddle, Grady, Matson, Johnson, Mims, Lockett, Shealy, Wadsworth
Macon County Citizen-Montezuma Georgian - July 24-1947
FUNERAL SERVICES FOR MRS. DORA PERRY HELD FRIDAY, JULY 18.
Mrs. Dora Perry, 83, passed away at her home near White Water onThursday night, July 17. Mrs. Perry was born in Macon County on February 24, 1864 and had lived here throughout her lifetime.
She was the widow of the late Terrell Perry, who died ten years ago from the date of her death. Mrs. Perry was the daughter of the late Stephen Thomas and Mary Hart Murray, also natives of Macon County.
Surviving are the following nieces and nephews: Mrs. Dennis Riddle of Oglethorpe, Mrs. Lester Grady of Macon; Mrs. Robert Matson of Macon; Mrs. Jeff Johnson of Ideal; Mrs. Will Mims of Americus; Mrs. Robert Lockett of Mobile, Alabama; Kenneth and Thomas Shealy of Dothan, Ala; Jesse Shealy of Miami, Fla; John Wadsworth of Oglethorpe; Earl Murray of Oglethorpe; Robert and Lynn Murray of Dallas, Texas and Carl Murray of Birmingham, Ala.
Funeral services were held at the Pine Level Methodist Church on Friday afternoon, interment was in the church cemetery.
[Note: Dora M. Perry - Born February 24, 1864 - Died July 17, 1947 is buried in Pine Level Cemetery beside her husband, Terrell H. Perry [9-25-1854 - 7-17-1937]

LOCKETT'S IN MACON, GA

M. Campbell (View posts)
Posted: 7 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: HART, LOCKETT, JACKSON
Also, I think you would be interested in knowing that my Grandmother's Great-Grandmother, Hattie Hart, had a daughter Beulah Hart. Beulah Hart married Issac LOCKETT and they had 7 children. There names are:

Ethel LOCKETT (m. Robert Jackson)
Jesse LOCKETT (m. Lessie Colbert)
Clara LOCKETT (died at an early age)
(another daughter who died at an early age)
Willie LOCKETT
Issac LOCKETT
JC LOCKETT

ETHEL LOCKETT married Robert Jackson and had two daughters:
Beulah Jackson
Ruby Jackson

JESSE LOCKETT married Lessie Colbert and had:
DR. HAROLD LOCKETT (m. Bettie Griffin)
INEZ LOCKETT
MARGIE LOCKETT
AGNEW LOCKETT
DELORES LOCKETT
MILDRED LOCKETT
WILLIE LOCKETT
HAZEL LOCKETT

DR. HAROLD LOCKETT married Bettie Griffin and had one daughter:

CHERIE LOCKETT - I've talked to her a few times on the telephone recently.

HART family in Macon, GA

M. Campbell (View posts)
Posted: 7 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: HART, LOCKETT, JACKSON
I only know of Hart's from Georgia. Macon, Georgia to be exact, however, I've read that Macon, GA use to be a part of Jones Co., GA. The Names of Harts I have are:

Jesse Hart Sr. - he lived in Jones Co. and had 3 children by an unknown woman (possibly his wife). The children's names are Walter, Jesse Jr. and John Freeman Hart.

There was another unknown woman who had children by Jesse Hart Sr. The children's names are Tom, Jim, "Gold" and "Love" Hart.

Jesse Sr. also had 3 children by my grandmother's great grandmother, Hattie. Hattie Hart had 3 daughters by Jesse Sr. named Beulah, and two other unknown daughters.

All of these people were from Macon/Jones Co., GA. Also, Jesse Jr. and John Freeman Hart owned a Mortuary in Macon. Do any of these names help in your search? If you've heard of any of these names, please help me in my search. I still have a lot of incomplete "branches" on my tree. Thanks!!!

lockett's in Macon, GA

tracey turner (View posts)
Posted: 30 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: lockett
I am looking for the "Lockett" family from Gray/Macon, GA. My great-grandfathers name was Adolphus Lockett, born 1894 & married Nancy Green from the same area. He had a brother by the name of William Lockett born in the 1870's. Please help! Any information would be useful. Thank you in advance for your help. Tracey Turner-Glover-Lockett

LOCKETT'S IN MACON, GA

M. Campbell (View posts)
Posted: 1 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Lockett, Jackson, Seabrooks, Campbell
Tracey,

I do have a Willie Lockett on my family tree. My guess his name is William. He would have been born either late 1800's or early 1900's. He was the son of Beulah Hart and Issac Lockett Sr. Also, I have another Willie Lockett on my family tree. He is still alive. He is the nephew of the first Willie Lockett I mentioned.

locketts in macon, ga

tracey turner (View posts)
Posted: 4 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: lockett
m. campbell, please see if you can get any information from william lockett regarding his uncle and the family. I will be in Atlanta Aug. 2nd. maybe we can meet then. I am having a very hard time finding any information on my greatgrandfather Adolphus Lockett. My grandfather Patrick Henry Lockett(born in 1894) married Rosa Lee Odoms in Ga.(Gray I presume). My aunt Willa Louise Lockett was born in Gray, Ga. on 2/13/1917 & her sister Beulah Lockett was born 6/8/1922. If you have any more information that might help, please send to my email above. God Bless, Tracey

Response

Gail Lockett Owens (View posts)
Posted: 5 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
I live in Atlanta Georgia, originally from Brownstown, Michigan. My fathers name was William Lockett and His mother's name was Willa Lockett. I also have an older sister named Annete "Louise" Lockett. Are we related? My father's family has a very strong Cherokee Indian line..

Re: lockett's in Macon, GA

Mary Lockett Anderson (View posts)
Posted: 21 Mar 2002 11:53PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello Tracey,
We're one family of Locketts' from Macon Georgia. My dad also talked about a half sister he had from Gray Georgia. In the 1930s' his father worked for the railroad. I have some names and obituaries. But I've just started . My fathers' name is Emmett Lockett, Jr.. His family called him brother. Mary

Re: Response

Joyce Lockett (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jan 2004 1:43AM GMT
Classification: Query
I have live all my life in Detroit, MI, not knowing to much about my father side of the familyl. My father name is Famous Locket and he came from Tyty Ga. He had one brother who use to live Macon GA, and the other live in Waycross. Two sisters, one live Miami, Fl and the other in Detroit. I was all told we were Cherokee Indians but later found out we were BlackFeet Indians. Right now I am trying to locate some of the Lockett family
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions