Search for content in message boards

Family History

Family History

Gregory T. (View posts)
Posted: 22 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Tinnen, Baker
I saw a post ealier that said the Tinnen family may have passed through Bollinger County in the early 1800's, does any one know where they ended up after that?

Re: Family History

Posted: 25 Jun 2001 6:05AM GMT
Classification: Biography
Surnames: Luithle, Hinkle, Sitzes, Reed, Tinnen, Reeves, Lashley, Belmar, Hoelzer, Leffler, Yount
Tempia Sarahan Tinnen Reed was my great grandmother and John Wesley Tinnen and Elizabeth Charlotte Yount Tinnen were my great great grandparents.I have lots of information on them if I can help you.

Posted: 1 Jul 2001 9:52AM GMT
Surnames: chostner
Could someone help me with more informaion abouit my grandmother,
Dora Lee Chostner (Tinnin). Am especially interested to know if she is of Indian ancestry. Thanks very much.

john anthony chostner

chostner@ozemail.com.au

Posted: 1 Jul 2001 3:03PM GMT
Classification: Birth
Surnames: Hinkle, Bennett, DeBoard, Sitzes, Tinnin, Yount,
John, the census infromation has really helped me a lot, lately. I will check and see what I have on your Dora and get back with you. Do you have any other details?

Posted: 1 Jul 2001 6:06PM GMT
Classification: Lookup
John, I found your information for you, I knew that I had seen it. If you pull up Rootsweb-searches and put in the the word Chostner you can find this information.(Searchy Things) Chickasaw Indian Groom Index 1895-1907 Copyrighted 27 April 1992 Mary Kinnard. Chickasaw Indian Groom Index Ardmore, OK Courthouse
Chostner H G 21, Tinnin, Dora 18 24 October 1905 ROFFI@454
C Surnames Books Roll # March 1897@Dec 1898 #470
Looks like there is proof for you. If I can help you any other way let me know. I love working on genealogy.

Posted: 1 Jul 2001 9:42PM GMT
John Chostner, I have the social security number for your grandmother , her date of birth is 12 Nov 1891 died July 1973 last residence where social security sent mail was 74801 Shawnee, Pottawatomie, OK, ssn issued before 1951 Oklahoma. If you want her social security number e-mail me at ab-sew@swbell.net

Posted: 18 Jul 2001 10:09AM GMT
Edited: 1 Sep 2001 10:23AM GMT
sue, sorry about the late reply. I had been searching around the
Chostner data and just stumbled on your positive message. Yes indeed,I would like Dora Lees SSN and I too had found the information about being on the Dora and Henry Goff being on the Indian groom roll but I don't really know what that means! I think for sure that I am now an eighth Chickasaw which thrills me to thinkl I have all this Indian family history to learn about!!!

Does this mean that Dora was a Chickasaw Indian, a full blood. I am currently working a bit with a Tinnin family searcher. All this geneology
searching is a bit overwhelming, at first you have nothing tjhen it all starts to flood in very fast. Are you a Chostner person? Thank you very much for your help. It means a great deals to me have folks like you around to0 help us beginners.

Posted: 19 Jul 2001 2:51AM GMT
Edited: 15 Jan 2009 4:17PM GMT
Surnames: Tinnin
John, Thanks for responding, no I am not a Chostner, however, my great grandmother was a Tinnin, would be interested in hearing from your Tinnin family searcher. My g grandmother married a Reed, there are a lot of Tinnin's, Younts on two sides of my family.
The information in the Ardmore Courthouse can tell you how much Chickasaw your Dora was. If you go into anywho.com and give the name of the Ardmore Oklahoma Courthouse, you should be able to pull up the phone # and address, if you call they can tell you how much it cost to obtain that information in writing. If not you can just mail them a letter asking for the cost. When you request the social security application information, you will need to send $7.00 for that, I will send you a copy of the letter.
If you go into Ancestry.com they have the US census available, I have been in the 1800 census this week. It has really helped me to verify my facts. An important thing to remember is not to take things for gospel truth, verify, verify, verify, once you get information from someone, you can always work on getting the documentation, ie birth certificate, death certicate, marriage license, church record, grave record, we are all human and we all make mistakes, so just check everything. Thanks for the compliment, I'm a beginner of sorts on the internet with the genealogy, but I've been working on my family genealogy for years- I was lucky I wrote things down, when I was younger. Please e mail me at ab-sew @swbell.net and I will give you Dora's ss #. Hope to hear from you soon. Good luck on your work.

Still Searching Sue

familey tree

ahna (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jul 2001 4:25AM GMT
Surnames: colegrove
i am looking for the martin famlie can you help me find it or statler list please thinks hope to here yorm you

Re: familey tree

Posted: 30 Jul 2001 8:45AM GMT
Edited: 1 Sep 2001 10:23AM GMT
Surnames: chostner
sorry, but I can not understand your message or what your are asking about. Could you try again. Thanks

john
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions