Search for content in message boards

William Barlow Family

William Barlow Family

Posted: 21 Sep 2004 10:18PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 6 Jun 2006 11:04PM GMT
Surnames: Barlow, Niclai, Malles, Calder
Searching for information on the William Barlow family that settled in Arcadia, Trempealeau, Wisconsin around 1857. Wife, Mary, died bet. 1873 and 1880; and William around 1890. Mary is said to be buried in the Arcadia Cemetery. They had 12 children; six born in England; six born in Wisconsin. I have traced some of them; Samuel (married Mary Malles), Alfred (married Fanny Calder) & Thomas removed to Canby, MN. Sarah Barlow (born 1858) married Lewis Niclai; they lived in Arcadia through 1910 and removed to Iowa before 1920. Robert Barlow (married Elizabeth) lived in Arcadia through 1920 and then removed to Minnesota. Their son, Elmer Barlow was a well known attorney/judge in Wisconsin. Joseph Barlow (born 1866) married Helena.
The following children are unaccounted for: Hannah born 1847, England; Maria born 1850, England, and Milton born 1872, Wisconsin. Am told Milton died young. Any additional info would be greatly appreciated; especially birth/death dates of William & Mary. Thank you.

Re: William Barlow Family

Posted: 1 May 2008 8:38PM GMT
Surnames: Calder, Brickwood
I am looking for a Fanny Calder, bn I think about 1858 who married an Alfred Brickwood. I have found a reference to Fanny Clader bn in an orphan home as follows:
1861 - Orphan House, Ham, Surrey
Fanny Calder, inmate age 7 b Kingston.
Is your Alfred and mine they the same person - probably not, but you might be able to clear up for whether your Fanny Calder is the same as the one from the orphan house and if so where did she end up

Posted: 2 May 2008 4:06PM GMT
Surnames: Calder, Barlow
The Fanny Calder I refer to was born in 1862 in Canada. Raised in Wisconsin by her birth parents. Married Alfred Barlow and lived in Minnesota. Not the one you are looking for. Sorry.

Posted: 24 Mar 2013 1:50AM GMT
Surnames: Barlow, Calder
I am the great, great granddaughter of Alfred Barlow and Fanny Calder. I have been desperately searching for Alfred Barlow's parents for years now and just stumbled across this posting! I looked up the land grants for William and geographically they made sense with Alfred's move to stake a claim in Yellow Medicine Co. MN. I knew that Alfred had attended Galesville University and that prompted me to look at the surrounding area. I am beyond thrilled! I don't have more info on the other children, but do know that Milton is buried in Arcadia. I have family photos I'd be happy to share! Please tell me what is your connection with the family? I live in England now and am eager to learn where they started out over here.
Hope to hear back soon! Kindly, Dawn

Posted: 24 Mar 2013 11:49AM GMT
Found this for Mary...
http://files.usgwarchives.net/wi/trempealeau/cemetery/arcadc...

No relation...just trying to help :)

Posted: 27 Mar 2013 10:08AM GMT
Surnames: Barlow, Williamson
Thank you for the tip- much appreciated!
Best,
Dawn
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions