Search for content in message boards

LOVETT family of London

LOVETT family of London

Posted: 9 Sep 2004 9:15PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 31 May 2005 8:12PM GMT
Surnames: LOVETT
Anyone researching the LOVETT family of Poplar area of London? I would love to hear from you.

Re: LOVETT family of London

Posted: 11 Sep 2004 3:31PM GMT
Hi, my grt grandmother was called eliza hannah lovett she married harry osbourne joseph steele, she had a brother called charles william and a sister called florence their parents were charles christopher lovett a wheelwright and eliza lovett, charles lovetts father was william lovett all of the family lived in bethnal green, poplar, mile end and still do i hope that this might be connected to you if so please contact me.

danielle.

Posted: 12 Feb 2005 2:12AM GMT
HI MY NAME BEFORE I MARRIED WAS TRACEY LOVETT I LIVE IN BIRMINGHAM THERE ARE NOT MANY LOVETT NAMES HERE BUT I HAVE TRACED MY FAMILY BACK TO LONDON ST PANCRAS, STEPNEY, WHITECHAPEL, BOW, SPITALFIELDS, TOWER HAMLETS ETC. AT THE MOMENT IHVE GONE BACK TO THOMAS LOVETT WHO WAS BORN 1849 WHO MARRIED ELIZA VERDON THEY BROUGHT MOST OF THEIR FAMILY UP IN 16 MANOR RD TOTTENHAM IF I CAN HELP IN ANY WAY LET ME KNOW REGARDS TRACEY JOHNSON

Posted: 6 May 2008 9:32AM GMT
Surnames: LOVETT, MONCRIEFFE
This message is ages old but I've just found it. Was your Thomas LOVETT born c. 1849 born in Drummond Crescent, St pancras [Somers Town] to James LOVETT atailor from Kerry and his wife Lucy MONCRIEFFE from Cork? If so we have a connection. Do get in touch if you see this

Carole

Posted: 15 May 2008 12:11PM GMT
Surnames: Lovett
Hi there.
My great grandmother was Alice Mary Lovett, born 1873, in Poplar. She was one of five siblings; their father was John Lovett, born 1842, a carman. Think his wife was Caroline Scarborough (1852, also Poplar) In 1881 they were living at 7 Wellington Street, Poplar.
Anyone know of any links?

Posted: 15 May 2008 1:39PM GMT
My Lovetts also from this area of london, cannot conect to yours but does not mean there is no connection

contact on

russell bozier@btopenworld.com

Russell

Posted: 17 Aug 2009 4:33PM GMT
Surnames: Lovett Moncrieffe
Hi...I have just come across your message...just started this week researching my Great Grandfather James, born in Drummond Crescent in 1847. He was the brother of Thomas and the son of James the Irish tailor......If you find out anything at all re James' Snr roots would very much appreciate advice......I am so pleased to have found this thread....It gives me Lucy's surname too

Posted: 17 Aug 2009 6:42PM GMT
Surnames: LOVETT/ MONCRIEFFE
Hi David,

I've replied to your other thread on LOVETT/MONCRIEFFE as well. Your Great Grandfather is James b 1847 and my Graet Grandmother is Lucy b 1851 and James' sister. Lucy didn't marry but had two children, the second of which was my Grandfather William Charles Lovett B 1873 - he has no birth certificate and I woulf d love to find out more about his early years. Do you ahve any more info on this family which I don't have?
Beat wishes

Carole

Posted: 17 Aug 2009 8:58PM GMT
Surnames: LOVETT
hi....thanks again for replying....it isnt easy when there are no birth registrations....however, have you considered that lucy may have registered the birth some time after the legal date for doing so had expired.....she may have been forced by the suthorities to register his birth at any time...maybe 3, 5 or even 7 years after the event....and the date of the register would reflect that......there are several william lovetts born in wandsworth, lambeth, putney or battersea .......i do not know if you are britsh or not but all these areas are extremely close and either could be the place of birth....i have just searched for my ancestor james in the census return for 1871,at 43 mawbrey street he lives with his wife eliza and 2 sons, he is also living with sister lucy aged 19 with her 5 month old daughter alice.....but perhaps you know this alread.......but it is nice to think that my ancestor looked after yours and didnt cast her out!

if i can be of any more help please ask....i am not sure how much more i know though....regards from your 3rd cousin david lovett

Posted: 18 Aug 2009 7:29PM GMT
Thank you, David, this is a very good idea which I hadn't thought of at all. Did this actually happen? People were fined after a certain date for failing to register and I therefore supposed that Lucy [probably very poor] had just failed to register. How would the authorities know? and would the original birthdate be given even on a late registration? I'd like to know more so that I could pursue your idea. Do let me know if you can help

Thanks again

Carole
per page

Find a board about a specific topic