Search for content in message boards

Waddell MORROW 1877 Co. Down, Ireland

Waddell MORROW 1877 Co. Down, Ireland

roxanne (View posts)
Posted: 15 Nov 2006 5:42PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: KENNEDY, MORROW, ROWAN, WADDELL, WHAN
I am searching for the parents and siblings of Waddell MORROW who married Anna ROWAN in 1877 at Rathfriland, County Down, Ireland.
Many Thanks,
Roxanne Neel
P.O. Box 9338
Cedarpines Park, California 92322
USA

Re: Waddell MORROW 1877 Co. Down, Ireland

Posted: 22 Feb 2009 4:35AM GMT
I found the below on a website while I was browsing my Morrow's thought you might like to see it as it relates to your Waddell Morrow.

Rowan Morrow : 3rd Class Passengers
Summary
Born: 1881
Last Residence: in Rathfriland Ireland
3rd Class passenger
First Embarked: Queenstown on Thursday 11th April 1912
Ticket No. 372622 , £7 15s
Destination: Gleichen Alberta Canada
Died in the sinking.
Body Not Recovered
Mr Thomas Rowan Morrow
Titanic Biographies > 3rd Class Passengers > General Labourer

© Joan Barbour

Mr Thomas Rowan Morrow was born in County Down, Ireland in 1881. He was an Orangeman and local worshipful master of the Masonic Lodge in Rathfriland. Morrow's brother, Waddell, had emmigrated three years earlier to work on a ranch hand near Gleichen, Alberta, Canada and he was going to join him there.

He boarded the Titanic at Queenstown as a third class passenger (ticket number 372622, £7 15s).

Morrow died in the sinking. His body, if recovered, was never identified.

Re: Waddell MORROW 1877 Co. Down, Ireland

Posted: 25 Sep 2012 7:25PM GMT
Edited: 25 Sep 2012 7:26PM GMT
Surnames: Morrow
I've been researching this family as part of our community website. Waddell married Anna and had two sons and a daughter. The oldest was Waddell Dickson Morrow who married a women named Isabella and during the 1911 Gleichen survey they had a child listed that was born in August of 1910 (the child is listed as male but the name is illegible. Waddell Dickson Morrow worked 52 weeks in 1910 and did 60 hours per week for $960 of income. He had a younger brother Thomas Rowan Morrow who died on the titanic coming over to move in with his brother here in Gleichen. He also had a younger sister who was called Sara who stayed in Ireland. I was wondering do you have any info on when they moved away from Gleichen or what happened to the family?

The census is available on line look at page two, lines 12-14.
http://www.collectionscanada.gc.ca/databases/census-1911/001...
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions