Search for content in message boards

William Miniken of Brownsville

William Miniken of Brownsville

Posted: 20 May 2013 4:28PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Miniken
Hi - Can anyone help me with William Miniken who appears in the 1820 census for Brownsville, Fayette, Pennsylvania? I have a "lost" William Miniken on my English family tree, who apparently emigrated to the US and was described as being gone from England "some time ago" in his father's will dated 1824. Does anyone know anything at all about this William Miniken in Brownsville? Any help would be most gratfully received. Thank you.

Re: William Miniken of Brownsville

Posted: 21 May 2013 2:11AM GMT
Name: William Miniken
Year: 1795
Place: America
Source Publication Code: 9695
Primary Immigrant: Miniken, William
Annotation: Much information given, including date of intention to acquire citizenship, date of naturalization, place of residence, country of birth, and name of sponsor.
Source Bibliography: WESTERN PENNSYLVANIA GENEALOGICAL SOCIETY, Pittsburgh, compilers. A List of Immigrants Who Applied for Naturalization Papers in the District Courts of Allegheny County, Pennsylvania. Pittsburgh: the society. Vol. 1, 1798-1840. 1978. 109p. 6,360 names.
Page: 65

Brownsville is about 20 miles from Allegheny County.

Posted: 21 May 2013 8:53AM GMT
Hi - this is really kind of you to help me out. I'm based in the UK - do you know where I can get or view this publication? Is it online at all? I have subscription to Ancestry UK but not US - or is it a book or CD that I could order? Thanks in advance for (more!) help. Valerie

Posted: 21 May 2013 12:40PM GMT
The following is from the Western Pennsylvania Genealogical Society website: wpgs.org
This is the entry for William Miniken on page 65 of the book.

MINIKEN, William (1805) of Pitt Twp. Alleg. Co.;
Bn: Engl; in U.S. before 23 Jan 1795;
Nat: 25 Sept 1803; Sp: Dunning MCNAIR
of Pitt Twp.

Posted: 22 May 2013 6:17PM GMT
Thanks very much for letting me have these details. What I'd really LOVE to know is whereabouts in England William was born, and his approximate birth date. I've had a look at the WPGS website, and I was wondering about enrolling as a member. Do you think the members' areas would have much additional information that could help me? Thanks again for all your help. Valerie

Posted: 22 May 2013 11:51PM GMT
The only information on William Miniken in the member's section is what appears on page 65.

Scroll down to Naturalizations at this link: http://www.alleghenycounty.us/wo/acgen.aspx
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions