Search for content in message boards

Walker

Walker

Yvonne Hempston (View posts)
Posted: 18 Dec 2001 10:29PM GMT
Classification: Query
My Great Grandfather was named Richard Walker and he married Eliza Ann Shambrook on 12 July 1869 at Saint Leonards Church, Shoreditch, London. (I believe Richard also had a brother by the name of Henry). They had nine children; Richard Thomas born 20 April 1870; Eliza Ann Elizabeth born 5 August 1871; Frederick Henry born 17 January 1873; Amelia (my Grandmother) born 19 December 1874; Harry born 22 November 1876; Elizabeth born 19 November 1880; Rosetta born 1 April 1883; Victoria born 28 August 1888 and Lillian born 3 June 1890. Amelia married my Grandfather, Alfred James Stonard on 3 February 1900.

I have been told of the following death dates: Eliza Ann Elizabeth in Townsville, Australia on 28 January 1890; Lillian at Enfield in England on 9 June 1890; Richard (my Great Grandfather) at Enfield in England 3 January 1911; Henry (ggfather's brother) in France 10 October 1915 and Amelia Stonard (nee Walker - my Grandmother) in Mayland, Essex, England 4 October 1964.

I understand that a John Walker, Frederick Henry Walker and Richard Walker came to Australia in or about 1887. I also understand that a V. McGrath of Queanbeyan NSW is a distant cousin - could be 2nd cousin - also V Waddy also of Queanbeyan could also be a 2nd cousin.

I also know of a Debbie Davies who lived in Charters Towers, she used to write to my father Ritchie William George (or William Ritchie George) Stonard.

Contact with Debbie was lost when my father died in 1881.

If anyone can help me with the above, I would be very grateful indeed. Thanks in anticipation.

Re: Walker

Posted: 20 May 2002 9:27AM GMT
Surnames: stonard
regarding your father ritchie stonard.My husband is andrew stonard who had a grandfather called ritchie stonard originally from farnham. My husbands father is named mervyn stonard. He had a brother named jeff and a sister named yvonne who both went out to australia. could this be you? if you could help to trace his family in australia, please dont hesitate to contact us. thanks.

Re: Walker/Stonard

Posted: 6 Jun 2002 10:18PM GMT
Surnames: Walker / Stonard
Hi Gillian

What a lovely surprise. Yes you have reached your Aussie arm of the family. I believe my sister-in-law Denise (Geoff's wife) has replied to you.

I'm not sure what she has told you, but anyway here is a little of our movements.

Geoff and Denise came to Australia in 1973 with two children, Beverley and Ian. They now have two more children, Christopher and Derek. All of their children are now married and they have the following grandchildren:

Beverley: Aaron, Benjamin, Khali, Samuel
Ian: Matthew, Chloe, Grace
Christopher: None
Derek: Adam and one due in 3 months

I came to Australia with my husband, Barry, in 1981 and arrived the day after my father (Andrew's grandfather) passed away, as Dad came ahead of us because he was so ill and wanted to see his grandchildren again.

Barry and I celebrated our 25th Wedding Anniversary last November. Unfortunately we don't have any children, although Barry does have four from a previous marriage and we also have four grandchildren now.

I would love to hear what has happened to everyone your end. I used to send birthday cards, but was never sure where they should be sent, so most were probably not received.

Please reply, when you have a few minutes, as I really would love to hear about everyone, and especially Nadine, as she is my goddaughter.

Please give my love to everyone, Deb, Andrew, Jonathan and Nadine and their partners and families.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Lots of love to all
Yvonne

Re: Walker

Julie (View posts)
Posted: 5 May 2003 4:17AM GMT
Yvonne
Eliza Ann Shambrook is my mother's grandmother. Please email me for more information.
Julie

Walker - Charters Towers

Julie (View posts)
Posted: 5 May 2003 4:37AM GMT
Yvonne
I am on your tree branch of the Richard Thomas Walker Line. Richard Thomas Walker and Eliza Ann Elizabeth Shambrook had a son called Richard Thomas Walker. I have that son's death certificate (he is my great grandfather):
Richard died 1 November 1934, Black Jack Road, Charters Towers, Queensland, Australia. He was a miner (gold) aged 64 years. He died from: Asphyxia due to being completely covered by a fall of earth whilst mining for gold. Accidental. On the death certificate it has his father's occupation as Gun Maker. Also on the death certificate, there are only three children living (1 male and 3 females deceased). The three children living are:
Richard Thomas aged 31
Lillian Victoria aged 27
Alma Mavis aged 22
(I have death certificates for Richard, Lizzie, Fredrick Henry, Ethel, and Lillian)

I belong to the Richard Thomas aged 31 - he is my mother's father. My mother's brother is also called Richard Thomas Walker.

Would love an email from you or any other belonging to this branch to add and contribute more information.
Julie (Australia)
Posted: 22 Nov 2003 9:19AM GMT
Edited: 12 Apr 2004 12:42PM GMT
Surnames: Ward
Hi I was wondering is Eliza Ann Shambrook could be related to the Shambrook's of Cambridgeshire, England.

Re: Walker - Charters Towers

Posted: 13 May 2010 5:52AM GMT
Surnames: Walker, Shambrook
Julie
I am also descended from Richard Walker and Eliza Ann Shambrook. It has been a long time since your post but if you're still interested in this family line, please let me know. I am the V. McGrath from Queanbeyan (now Yass) that Yvonne mentioned in her post. My grandmother was Victoria Wadey nee Walker, daughter of Frederick Henry Walker, son of Richard Walker and Eliza Ann Shambrook.
My email is amcgrath@bigpond.net.au
Cheers Victoria
per page

Find a board about a specific topic