Search for content in message boards

John W. & Annie Crausby resid. Tangipahoa c. 1900

John W. & Annie Crausby resid. Tangipahoa c. 1900

Posted: 23 Nov 2012 6:36PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Crausby Crausbay Crausbey Crosby Crawsby Stevens
I last find record of my 2X ggrandparents John W. Crausby and Lydia Ann (Annie) Rushing Crausby in the 1900 census living in Tangipahoa Parish (Jury ward 6) with their son Benjamin Lafayette Crausby. I am interested in what became of them after this time I do not have death dates or locations or burial dates or locations and would love to learn where they are buried. Both Crausby's were born in 1833 and the name has been variously seen as Crausby Crausbay Crausbey Crosby and Crawsby. Benjamin and his wife Alice Stevens are buried in Mt Stevens Cem. in Hammond but no record of John and Annie there either.

Re: John W. & Annie Crausby resid. Tangipahoa c. 1900

Posted: 24 Nov 2012 3:29PM GMT
Classification: Query
It appears they were living in Wesson, MS
http://copiah.msgenweb.org/Resources/Cemeteries/Cemeteries_P...
Obituary published in The Hammond Vindicator: 4/11/1952
CRAUSBY, BENJAMIN I.
Benjamin I. Crausby, 79, son of the late Mr. and Mrs. John Crausby of Wesson, Miss. died last Monday, April 7, at Wiginton Memorial Hospital. He
was a native of Mississippi and a resident of Louisiana since early manhood. Services were Tuesday from the Thomas Funeral Home; burial was in Stevens Cemetery east of Tickfaw. Surviving relatives include his widow,Mrs. Alice Stevens Crausby; three daughters, Mrs. Dena Clifton of Laredo,Tex., Mrs. Audrey Jones of New Orleans, Mrs. Bertha Pride of Havana, Cuba; and two grandchildren.

per page

Find a board about a specific topic