Search for content in message boards

quealey, queeley, queely

quealey, queeley, queely

Posted: 1 Nov 2001 2:03AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 26 May 2003 6:35PM GMT
Surnames: quealey,queeley, queely
I am trying to find out any information on the above surname. The name in my family is spelled queeley. I am a descendant of a family that lived in Nevis, West Indies in the 17th century. I would like to know if this family is indeed of irish descent because it is said the family is english.
Do they actually come from County Cork originally?
Anyone with any information please email me.
Thank you kindly.

Re: quealey, queeley, queely

Posted: 13 Aug 2002 10:17AM GMT
Hi Michele

I am currently researching the same Queely family of the Island of Nevis and St. Kitts. I am interested in Dorothy Queely, wife of William Milliken. Have a burial note of George Taylor of St. Kitt, whose wife Catherine Queely and her mother Dorothy Queely, lie interred in Greyfriars Churchyard in Edinburgh. You might want to contact the Society of Genealogist in London who hold the "Caribeana", a six volume collection of material relating to the West Indies. The Queely family are mentioned. Perhaps you have already done this. I have details on the marriage of Dorothy Queely and William Milliken. They were married by license at St. George's parish church on the Island of St. Kitt on 17th June 1756. Alan Milliken

Posted: 17 Aug 2002 3:56PM GMT
Edited: 26 May 2003 6:35PM GMT
Thank you so much sir.
This is most helpful. I've been doing this research for 2 years and this is a great lead.
Please continue to send me anymore information you receive and I will send you as well what ever i receive.
Kindly,
Michelle Wilson

Posted: 6 Jul 2009 2:39PM GMT
Hi as you can see i am also a Queeley. My family origins are St.Kitts and Nevis-more so Nevis. If you can give names of your parents or grandparents i may be able to get some info.

Posted: 23 Jan 2010 12:38PM GMT
I also am working on the name Qualey, Quealy. My relatives are from County Clare though.

Posted: 1 Dec 2011 8:17PM GMT
I am also interested in the family in County Clare - specifically Anne who married Andrew Stritch in the 1780s.

Posted: 9 Nov 2012 2:58AM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Surnames: Queely Maynard
Hello I'm trying to do research on the surname Queeley in my family as well. As far as I've gotten is Isabella Queeley. and apparently her daughter Alberta is said to have had kids of Jim Maynard ( i believe Jim is just a nickname but that's all I can get from my grandmother.) Alberta and Jim had Sylvia Maynard who then had my grandmother.

Posted: 14 Nov 2012 8:36PM GMT
Help us out here with some dates and places if you any more information.

Posted: 8 Jan 2013 3:55AM GMT
Surnames: Moore Maynard Joseph
well I think my grandmother Agnes Moore (daughter of Sylvia Maynard and Henry Moore and now Agnes Joseph through marriage though) was born in Saint Kitts. Her mother lived there and so did her father at some point. I asked my aunt recently and she told me that Henry Moore was a manager or in some top position on the land called Canada Estate. I don't know if the rest of them lived or had residence in Saint Kitts but my aunt also said we have family ties to St. Thomas as well.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic