Search for content in message boards

Francis Marion A. BAKER

Francis Marion A. BAKER

Richard Soard (View posts)
Posted: 15 Mar 2003 1:49PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: BAKER, JOHNSON
Seeking info on ancestors/descendants of Francis Marion A. Baker, 1838 GA -1906 AL. Married Rebecca E. "Fannie" SMITH 1861 Fayette Co, GA. His father is Aaron BAKER B.1808 GA and mother is Amanda b.abt 1815 GA.

Re: Francis Marion A. BAKER

Noreen Gray (View posts)
Posted: 30 May 2003 2:04AM GMT
Classification: Query
Not sure if the Baker's that I am seeking are part of your family or not but the name of Marion sticks out to me. Here is what I have and I agree it isn't much but maybe some of it might fit into yours.

William Marion Baker was born 11 Mar 1872 in Abbyville AL. He had a brother named Isaac but pronounced differently. Their father, Marion Baker, was supposedly a doctor for the Indian tribe of Chickasaw in Alabama.

It appears that William and Isaac (pronouced Eli?) had half sisters named Fayette Garrison that would have been born about 1864 and Mary Garrison that would have been born about 1870. Census records for 1880 list Mary as living with Joseph B Ray family and using the name of Mary Baker.

William Marion Baker (my huysband's grandfather) died 22 Jan 1914 in Roswell, NM. He supposedly was an engineer and also homesteaded some land in Elida NM.

Anything here fit with your information. Isaac (Eli?) descendents were settled in the south of Dallas area about 20 years ago but we have lost touch with them since.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions