Search for content in message boards

William Morris Welch

William Morris Welch

Posted: 19 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 14 Jan 2005 12:36PM GMT
Surnames: Welch
Hi- I am researching Welches from Bollinger County.William Morris Welch was a probate judge in the 1850's to 1870's.He and his second wife,Kessiah Jane Stevens had my gr-grandmother,Margaret Abigail Welch who married William Harvey Caldwell. Anyone with these names in their family tree please contact me. bsjr3@one-eleven.net . Thanks

Re: William Morris Welch

Posted: 5 Nov 2001 5:11AM GMT
Edited: 4 Mar 2002 4:42AM GMT
Surnames: Welch, Estes
I think William M. Welch was the father of Thomas Martin Welch who married Amanda Telitha Estes in 1871 in Bollinger Co., MO. Apparently, William's first wife was Syndarilla ____. Do you know the maiden name of Syndarilla, plus when she died and where she is buried? Do you know when Thomas Welch died and where he is buried?

1850 CENSUS, CAPE GIRARDEAU CO., MO
1240-1250
WELCH
William M. - 20 - M - Farmer - MO (age possibly 30?)
Syndarilla - 2__ (can't read age; could be a 7) - F - MO
Richard J. - 6 - M - MO
Missouri E. - 3 - F - MO
Thomas M. - 1 - M - MO

Carol J. Bowman
cbowman@frii.com

Posted: 5 Nov 2001 5:43AM GMT
Edited: 4 Mar 2002 4:42AM GMT
Surnames: Welch, Snider, Eaker, Caldwell
Well, I just answered my own question about William Welch's first wife. She was Cindarella Snider, daughter of Martin Snider and Margaret Eaker. William's third wife was Grace Caldwell. I also found his date of birth which was, as I suspected, 1820 and not 1830.

Carol J. Bowman
cbowman@frii.com

Posted: 6 Jan 2002 10:38AM GMT
Edited: 26 Aug 2002 3:34AM GMT
Surnames: Snider Slagle Baker Lemaster
I have information on this line, and will be happy to share it with you, this is my line, I descend from Snider and Slagle families of Bollinger Co. Mo

Email me

Kathy

Posted: 24 Sep 2004 1:05PM GMT
Edited: 29 Mar 2005 3:41PM GMT
Surnames: Slagle Cato Frizzell
I am interested in the Slagle's of Bollinger County. My husbands great great grandmother is Mary Cato. She is shown living with Henry and Mary Slagle in the 1860 census. They are living next to the Samuel Slagle family. We are trying to find out the connection of the Slagle's to the Cato's. Mary's father was Benjamin Cato who died in 1852, and her mother is Loues Frizzell, daughter of Thomas Frizzell, who died in 1847. I have been trying to find a marriage record of Henry and Mary, or someone who can tell me why she was living with the Slagle's, with so many other Cato's in the area. We feel she must be related in some way. Any help would be appreciated.

Katherine Dendy (View posts)
Posted: 24 Sep 2004 3:42PM GMT
SLAGLE/CATO

The HENRY SLAGLE you mentioned is not to my knowledge related to my HENRY SLAGLE, mine died in 1838, his wife was widow of John Welker, her name was Mary and she died in 1860.

Your Henry was in Civil War, Try checking the "Bollinger County 1851-1978" book it has a little on the fact he was wounded. His wife did remarry, but been so long since I researched that line memory fails me.

I am sorry I cannot help you, but you might write letter to
the Public Library in Marble Hill, and see if someone there
might be able to help.

Katherine Dendy

Posted: 24 Sep 2004 4:11PM GMT
Thanks for the information. We had thought he might possibly have been related to your Henry. But since he is not we will keep looking.

Posted: 24 Sep 2004 4:11PM GMT
Thanks for the information. We had thought he might possibly have been related to your Henry. But since he is not we will keep looking.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic