Search for content in message boards

Rippetoe/Fincannon/ Cannon

Rippetoe/Fincannon/ Cannon

Posted: 5 Apr 2004 6:09PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 5 Jun 2004 10:14PM GMT
Surnames: Rippetoe/ Fincannon/ Cannon
Any info on a Nancy Rippetoe born ABT. 1774 died ABT. 1860. married a Peter Fincannon . They lived in Caldwell Co. N. C.

Re: Rippetoe/Fincannon/ Cannon

Posted: 30 Jul 2004 1:54AM GMT
Surnames: Rippetoe Fincannon Baker Crisp Oglesby
I have the following information on Nancy Rippetoe:

She was born during 1774 is Albemarle Co., NC and died during 1860 in Caldwell Co., NC.

Her parents were William Rippetoe and Ruth Ann Antle.

William was born on March 15, 1747 in Albemarle Co., VA in the Shenandoah Valley. He died on April 16, 1839 in Crocus, Adair Co., KY. He is buried in Rippetoe Springs Cemetery in Russell Co., KY. He served in the Virginia Militia during the Revolutionary War between 1776 and 1781. The family moved from Virginia to Burke Co., NC, then to KY. William's parents were John Rippetoe, Jr. and Mary Elizabeth Oglesby.

John Rippetoe Jr. was born during 1711 in Albermarle Co, VA. His father was John Rippetoe Sr.

John Rippetoe Sr. was born during 1695 in Albemarle Co., VA and died in the same county on 2/11/1805 (supposedly at the ripe old age of 110). John was a French Huegonaut who was banished from France during the reign of King Charles. He immigrated with several brothers and 2 sisters to America and pioneered frontier in the Shenandoah Valley of VA.

Hope this information helps.

Posted: 21 Jan 2007 3:32PM GMT
Surnames: Fincannon
Am interested in Henry Fincannon, b1830-20 Sep 1863 (died Civil War Chickamauga, GA. Married Thursa Kirby. Member of 26 Regiment NC. Would like to share info.

Susan Ricks

Posted: 1 Feb 2007 6:45PM GMT
Surnames: Kirby/Fincannon
Hey Susan - Kathy here
This Thursa Kirby is "my" Thursa. She married first to Henry Fincannon and was widowed during the war as your message reports. They had two children: one son, one daughter. She then married Joseph Mathis or Mathias and can be found on US Census living in Caldwell Co., Lovelady Township. She had children with Mathis also. Her children with Fincannon are listed as step-children on the census. A cousin who does alot of genealogy research says the name Thurza or Thursa was very popular back then.
Sorry this isn't your Thurza - she lived nearer the town of Lenoir. I have seen her listed on the census' living with her parents. I wish I could tell you more about her. I will continue to keep your Kirby family in mind as I continue my research.

We can't give up. There has to be a connection.
Kathy
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions