Search for content in message boards

Steimbke, Germany

Steimbke, Germany

Posted: 6 Jun 2009 10:42PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am looking for information about the town of Steimbke, which is located east of Neinburg. I would like to know a litttle of its history, what churches are located in the area (especially ones that would have existed in the 1840s), what is the economy, etc.

Thank you for your help.

Re: Steimbke, Germany

Posted: 7 Jun 2009 11:24AM GMT
Have you tried a google search?

To get started try:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steimbke

Posted: 8 Jun 2009 4:39AM GMT
Hi Chrisann,

The wikipedia site is good. If you need/want more information than what is given there, let me know. The church is St. Dionysius Evangelical... used to be St. Dionysius Ev. Lutheran. I have a few pictures that I can email a copy to you if you want. Their records (birth, confirmation, marriage, death) go back at least into the 1600s. Is there someone or a surname in particular from Steimbke that you are looking for? My surnames from Steimbke are Krumwiede, Leseberg, Bergmann, Runge, Vogeler, Kahle, Beermann, Dannenberg, Duensing, Block, Bruns, Schrader, Hasselbring, Dauel, Wagener, Andermann, Poppe, Knop, Thiesse plus many others from surrounding villages. And there are still others that I have collected information on that are connected to my surnames. You can email me direct if you want at: theLinda1(at)cs.com

Posted: 15 Jun 2009 8:27PM GMT
Thank you for responding. The Wikipedia site does not provide much information. I have looked at the official website for Steimbke, but it is in German and I can only make out a few words.

I believe Steimbke is where my great grandfather was born. His name was William Haase, (probably Johann Wilhelm Haase). His father was Heinrich.

I would appreciate any pictures you may want to share. My e:mail address is: chrisann.fay@verizon.net

Posted: 11 Dec 2010 8:25PM GMT
Hi Linda;
We corresponded with each other several years ago concerning my Backhaus and Tegtmeier ancestors. I have found that my great-grandfather Backhaus was born in Steimbke and his mother was a Dauel. The name Thiesse also crops up in his ancestry. I would like to exchange notes. You can email me at seedym@cableone.net whenever you have the time. I think we might be related.
Carl Martin

Posted: 5 Feb 2012 10:07PM GMT
Can you tell me where I could find the birth, marriage and death records for the church at Stembke. My ggrandmother was a Kruse and came from the area. Thanks, darlene

Posted: 6 Feb 2012 2:04AM GMT
The church probably has copies of the churchbooks, but they should also be at the at the Kirchenbuchamt Hannover in Hannover on Hildesheimer Straße. They do not do research for others, but you can go there and do research. You can write them to verify that that church's records are held there. I have family in this area too and I imagine if my parishes are there, so would this church. Their url is:

http://www.kirche-hannover.de/kirchenbuchamt/index.html

I have never tried writing in English, but Birgit Klein is the person you would ask. Her email address is on the site. It has been a few years since I have visited this center.

I have some friends from Stöckse and Steimbke perhaps if that doesn't work. You can contact me offline about that as I have never inquired if they would be interested in doing research in the church records for anyone, but I could ask.

Good luck with your research!

Posted: 6 Feb 2012 12:50PM GMT
Thank you for the info. I was there in 2010. I have pictures of the church, also the inside, but no time for research. I will see what I can find. Thanks again. Do you want pictures?

Posted: 3 Mar 2012 4:12PM GMT
I am wondering of you have a record of a baptism for Sophie Louise Mathilda Kruse in the Stembke church records. She was born in 1845. I do not know if she was baptized in Rodewald or Stembke. She was born in Erichshagen. Thank you.

Posted: 22 Jun 2012 1:45AM GMT
Hi
My husband (and I think generations of his family) was baptised in Steimbke St Dionysious in 1955. He is Jurgen Overheu. I wonder if you had any information about Overheus or Halpaps? The village his family was from was Wenden.
Thanks
Christina
Brisbane, Australia
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions