Search for content in message boards

GORDINIER family

GORDINIER family

nancy kimen lastowka (View posts)
Posted: 3 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: GORDINIER, KNICKERBOCKER, LITTLEFIELD, WEBB, FOX
My grandfather, Cornelius GORDINIER, was a merchant in Albion, Orleans County. He was married to Julia SHARP, GORDINIER WEBB. His daughter, Mae KNICKERBOCKER, married John Cole KNICKERBOCKER, lawyer and district attorney until his death in 1928. Cornelius died in 1880. I have information to share or could use help getting information.

Cornelius Gordanier

Posted: 5 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 5 Jul 2001 3:11AM GMT
Surnames: Gordanier, Moon, Diamond
Hi Nancy:
Could you narrow down the search for Cornelius in any way? I have several Cornelius Gordanier's in New York State, but I can't tell which one might be yours. Do you have a birth date? Father's name? Mother's name? Anything else that I can work with? Feel free to contact me directly, if you wish. I look forward to hearing from you.

GORDINIER family

nancy kimen lastowka (View posts)
Posted: 9 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: GORDINIER

Cornelius GORDINIER lived in Albion, Orleans County 1865 to his death in 1880. He was born 10/27/1811, is buried in Mt Albion cemetery, lived in Canajoharie and was a merchant there in 1850. I have been trying to find out where he was born, who his parents and siblings were, and what happened to his first wife who might have died in 1850 in Canajoharie. I have not been able to find out about his first children,Abram, Charles, Manet, Bousley, and Jouley.

thank you for your response, Nancy

Re: GORDINIER family

Posted: 25 Sep 2012 11:37PM GMT
Surnames: Gordinier, Gardinier, Fox
My great-grandmother was Louise Gordinier, from Canojaharie, who married Henry Fox, a merchant tailor. They lived in Albion and are buried in Albion Cemetery. Could she have been Cornelius's daughter? Here is more about Henry Fox:

Henry W. Fox was a native of Prussia, born October 20, 1840, and was the son of Julius Fox. The family came to America in 1852 and located at Canajoharie, where the father was a merchant tailor. Henry learned the same trade with his father and worked with him for a time, but in 1863 came to Albion and was for three years employed as a cutter. In 1866 he went into business with Simon Adler, the firm then being Simon Adler & Co. In 1872 William B. Dye became a partner, and the firm changed to Adler, Dye & Co. In 1883 the present firm of Dye & Fox was formed. On January 22, 1866, Mr. Fox married Louise Gardinier. They have two children, Harry W. and Helen A. Mr. Fox has been a successful business man. In politics he is a strong Democrat yet has no political aspirations.

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions