Search for content in message boards

Query

Query

Ann lancour page (View posts)
Posted: 22 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Lancour, Lancor
I an looking for information regarding the lineage of the Lancour, Lancor family. My gg-grandfather, Antoine Lancour was born in Quebec c. 1820; he married Rose (Verneau?) If anyone has any info on this family I would appreciate input. Thank you, Ann

Re: Query

Deanna LaLonde (View posts)
Posted: 2 Nov 2004 6:10PM GMT
Surnames: Vaillancourt, Lancour, Pond
My grandmother's maiden name was Lancour.
They were from Cheboygan. Their ancestory is amerindienne, and French....Her parents were Catherine Loisel, Lancour, Duffiney, and Henry Lancour....he is listed on the Durrant roll
of 1908(date?). His ancestor was Jane Pond who shows up on the mixed blood census in MIchigan for Chippewa tribe.
It is a puzzle with me ..but I have gotten some information that leads me to believe that their family came from Canada and were at some point white but then mixed in with Chippewas and went to MIchigan...do you think we are related at all...some believe that the name Lancour came from the French name Vaillancourt. ...a French family from Quebec....what do you think?

Re: Query

Posted: 1 Jun 2012 10:10PM GMT
Yes, we are related And I have the Lancour line now. Get back to me and I will explain. Ann
per page

Find a board about a specific topic