Search for content in message boards

Sally Ann York

Sally Ann York

Judy (View posts)
Posted: 30 Aug 2000 11:02AM GMT
I'm looking for any information on a Sally Ann York that was married to a John Lusk b. 1833 d. either 1909 or in the Civil War.
Thank you
Judy

Reply to Judy - Re: Sally Ann York

Posted: 3 Sep 2000 8:10AM GMT
Edited: 24 Jun 2001 9:56PM GMT
What state? In Georgia I had an aunt by the name of Sally Ann York married to Julius Pickett who died in 1909.

Sally Ann York

Judy (View posts)
Posted: 3 Sep 2000 11:14AM GMT
My Sally Ann York was born in Tennesee. I don't have a date but she died in Shawnee,OK.in 1921. She was married to my great grandfather John Lusk. Thats all I have on her. Thanks for trying.
Judy

Sally Ann York

Judy (View posts)
Posted: 3 Sep 2000 9:11PM GMT
Cheryl, the only info I have is that she was born in Tennesee.

Sally York Julius Pickett

Bruce E. York (View posts)
Posted: 9 Oct 2000 10:35PM GMT
Hi: I would love to learn more about this branch of the York family. Could you please send me a gedcom of all who descend from your futhest back York? My email address is bruyork@wans.net
Thx and love, Bruce

Sally York and Julius Pickett

Posted: 10 Oct 2000 6:52PM GMT
Edited: 24 Jun 2001 9:56PM GMT
Hi Bruce:
Sally York was a sister to my grandfather
James Lafayette York and daughter of John Benson York b: 1829 in Rabun County, Ga. and Sarah Chasteen married on March 14, 1846. Benson and Sarah had Hilyer Caroline b: 1849; Andrew Jackson b: 185l; John Calvin b:
1854; Matilda Cordelia b: 1857; Sarah Ann (Sally) b: 1859; Benson A. b: 1862; James
Lafayette b: 1863 and William (known as Bill
Yank-born after John Benson's death on March 7, 1863 three months before the birth of James Lafayette. Bill Yank was fathered by a Yankee soldier from Connecticutt during the Civil War. I can remember my father telling me about this). My father Julius Ray York was named after Julius Pickett who died in
Rabun County, Ga. on February 2, 1909.
Julius Pickett was the only son of Bill Pickett and Martha Beck Pickett of Rabun County, Ga. I have found that Sally York and Julius Pickett both related - they had the same great grandmother on the Beck lineage. Sally and Julius had no children.
Bruce you amaze me as to how much info you have. I do not understand how to set up a gedcom but I would like to share any information. Sally's grandfather / Benson's father was Jeffry York son of Seymour and Miriam Beck York. Thanks again. Cheryl

James Lafayette York

Bruce E. York (View posts)
Posted: 10 Oct 2000 10:57PM GMT
Hi: Yes, I would love to receive info on all who descend from John Benson York. By the way, you had Matilda Caroline. I believe her name was Mahulda "Hulda" Caroline York. You can send info directly to me at bruyork@wans.net. Let me know if there is anything I can send to you. Thx and love, Bruce
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions