Search for content in message boards

Ridge Church in Lowndesville

Ridge Church in Lowndesville

Larry Hines (View posts)
Posted: 25 Feb 2002 2:27AM GMT
Classification: Cemetery
Surnames: Burton, Waters, Morrow, Newby....
Can anyone tell me how the renovation is going on the Ridge Methodist Church there just out of Lowndesville? Just wondering. I have a lot of relatives buried there.Larry

Re: Ridge Church in Lowndesville

Beverly Rampey (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jan 2003 1:47AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Rampey
Is there a list of those buried in this cemetary? I'm looking for some Rampey ancestors.

Posted: 1 Jan 2003 6:13AM GMT
Classification: Cemetery
Edited: 28 Mar 2005 1:26AM GMT
Surnames: Rampey
I have a complete listing of those who are buried in that cemetery. I got it from the book "The History Of Lowndesville" which can be seen at the Greenville County Librarys historical room. Let me look to see if any Rampeys are on that list. I will get back with you. Larry

Posted: 28 Oct 2004 11:18AM GMT
Edited: 18 Nov 2004 6:55PM GMT

Posted: 29 Oct 2004 6:21PM GMT
Edited: 8 Jul 2006 4:09PM GMT
Surnames: Anderson, Baskin, Binns, Brady, Cochran, Dennard, Douglass, Fouché, Gray, Hartgrove, Hodges, Jones, McGill, Reid, Stokes, Stuart, Thompson/Thomson
I noticed that you haven't received a reply to your query. Earlier this year I got a listing of books [spring and summer] from

Southern Historical Press, Inc.
PO Box 1267
Greenville, S.C. 29602-1267

Call Toll Free: 1-800-233-0152

There were several books for South Carolina and among them was "Abstracts of Old Ninety-Six & Abbeville District, S.C., Wills and Bonds" by Pauline Young. The price is $48.50.

I looked in the copy that I have and there are quite a few listed by the name of Posey. If you'll list some given names I'll be happy to look them up for you...
Mary

Posted: 29 Oct 2004 7:19PM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Edited: 18 Nov 2004 6:55PM GMT
Surnames: Posey, Rowe/Roe
Hi Mary, thanks for your reply and for offering to look-up some Poseys. Marshel b 1825 or so m to Eliz. , Holden b 1841, Wm b 1808 m Frances . Next tops on my list is: the name Roe/Rowe. My gr gr grandmo. was Narcissa Rowe/fa.Wm.mo Sarah A. Rowe. Anything concerning those names would be most appreciated. All these people b in SC not far from Abbeville.

Posted: 29 Oct 2004 8:39PM GMT
Edited: 8 Jul 2006 4:09PM GMT
I'm sorry, I didn't find any of those names in that book...
Good luck in your search!
Mary

Connie McNeill (View posts)
Posted: 16 Nov 2004 1:12AM GMT
You are working in the wrong County, Holden M. Posey born 1842 died 1862 was living in Edgefield County. In 1850 he was living with grandparents, Francis and Mary Terry Posey. He is buried in Phillipi Baptist Church Cemetery, Edgefield County. He was married to Martha Lucinda Satcher. Contact me offline at connie@wctel.net and I have additional information.

Connie
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions