Search for content in message boards

Isaac Cole

Isaac Cole

Bonnie (View posts)
Posted: 31 Jan 2000 3:34PM GMT
Looking for parents or siblings of Isaac Cole born approx. 1760-65 unknown location, lived in Va then W. Va. Died in Mercer County, Princeton, W. Va. 1860. Wife was Margaret/Kate Thompson. Children were:
Augustus, Thompson, Eleanor, Catherine, Elizabeth.

Issac Cole

Ron Widner (View posts)
Posted: 19 Feb 2000 8:45PM GMT
I'm looking for same information as you are.
Issac was my ggg-grandfather, Agustus was my gg-grandfather
Please email me at ron-wid@ix.netcom.com

Re: Issac Cole

Posted: 25 Mar 2005 3:19AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 23 May 2005 3:16AM GMT
Was your Issac from Va. My grgrgr grandfather was Thompson Cole and I think he had a brother named Augustus and their father was Issac. None of this is verified just what I heard from othe family and on internet

Re: Isaac Cole

Posted: 8 Oct 2013 8:39PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Cole
Hi Bonnie:
I've seen your posts on genforum and here looking for ancestors to Isaac Cole. I've tracked my paternal line back to Isaac Cole, and recently had Y-chromosome testing, and exactly matched a descendant of Daniel Cole, b.1614 England, d.24 Dec 1694 Eastham,Barnstable Co.,MA,USA. Currently only two males in the Daniel Cole tree appear to have Y results, so it is not clear who is the MRCA. If we could get more Cole males on the Daniel Cole tree to test, this could help where Isaac falls in the tree relative to Daniel Cole. My paternal test strongly points to England as the likely origin of Isaac Cole's ancestors, and probably through Daniel Cole.

There have been many conflicting sources for the birthplace of Isaac Cole:
a. New York State, from Augustus Cole on Isaac Cole's death certificate
b. England, from Ragland's history
c. Virginia, from the US Federal Census
d. kidnapped from Baltimore, House of Cole, House of Bowes family tradition

Census workers probably "dittoed" for option (c), and my paternal test and strong matches to other Coles indicates that Cole was the birth surname for Isaac and casts doubt on the kidnapping story. I think it highly likely that Isaac Cole's ancestors were from England. It could be that the MRCA was not Daniel, but higher up in the tree, but I think it most likely that Isaac was a descendant of Daniel.

Additional Y testing from other male Cole descendants could help greatly. Examining the Daniel Cole tree forward through to the decade of Isaac's birth could help to find Isaac's parents.

Do you have any additional information you could share?

Thanks,
Roger
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions