Search for content in message boards

John E Greer

John E Greer

Posted: 20 Sep 2000 10:14PM GMT
Edited: 1 Nov 2002 5:07PM GMT
I am trying to find information on John E. Greer, Born 2 Jun 1857. He was married to Mary Jane Marsh. They had 13 children, one of whom was Robert Dewey Greer.
Robert was born 20 Apr 1898 in Abingdo Twp, IL and died 31 Jan 1985 in Aledo, Mercer Co, IL.I know that someone in the family has done a family tree but I don't know who it was.
I also know that 2 of John E.'s brothers each had 13 children. I would like information on the family for my children.Many of this branch still live in Mercer Co. IL.

Re: John E Greer

Posted: 21 Jul 2002 5:22PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 10 Aug 2004 4:06PM GMT
Surnames: Greer, Willits
I have John E, son of Thomas and Minerva Willits Greer. Born in Mercer. I really don't have much on the Greer's, but I do have Willits.

You might try the mercer site on rootsweb.com, the US genweb connect, project. They have a New boston site with tons of Willits info and I think it mentions Minerva and family. (search Greer or Willits and you should find it) they also have the Cem index from the DAR records for Mercer posted.

Do you have a Benjamin H Greer in your family? He is also from Mercer. The Essy noble Museum in Aledo IL or Keithsburg Museum may have info also. There are lots of Greers still in Mercer.

Re: John E Greer

Posted: 2 Sep 2003 5:03AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 30 Nov 2004 4:21AM GMT
Surnames: Greer, Dungan, Delabar, Bauguess, Noble, McKown
I have information on John E. Greer's and Mary Ann Marsh's parents and siblings. If you're interested, let me know and I'll email details to you.
I'm a descendant of John E. Greer's brother, Reuben Greer and wife Sarah (Dungan-Delabar) Greer.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic