Search for content in message boards

Luke PRYOR ca 1736-50 NC, SC, TN, VA

Luke PRYOR ca 1736-50 NC, SC, TN, VA

Saundra PRYOR (View posts)
Posted: 31 Jul 2001 3:37AM GMT
Surnames: Pryor, Rogers, Smith, Winstead, Carter, McCabe, McPhail, Squier, Squire, Bartlett, Hurley, Crocker
The name Luke PRYOR is a very common name in the PRYOR heritage and very hard to trace. I am trying to start a quiery that will only apply to this particular Luke PRYOR.

Luke is known to have lived in the Cheraws District SC; Marlbough County SC (1786- 1792); Orange County NC; Williamson Co TN and probably born in VA.

His children were born in SC. They include

John PRYOR who had a son Henry B. PRYOR (my connection);

Luke PRYOR Jr., md Eleanor Rogers -- no children in Orange Co NC 1799;

Catherine PRYOR md Thomas B. Smith;

Susannah PRYOR md Samuel Winstead - no children;

Sarah PRYOR md David Squier/Squire, Daniel Carter, Hugh McCabe, Angus McPhail --- no children

Henry B PRYOR, son of John PRYOR, is known to have lived in Marion District SC in the early 1800's, migrated to Pike county Al aft 1830. His children included:

Allen PRYOR who md Martha Bartlett;

Robinson 'Robert" PRYOR md Turner sisters and migrated to
Cherokee Co TX bef 1860;

Luke Pryor md Amy/Emily Hurley

Riggans/Regans PRYOR md Sarah ???? and appears in Jasper Co MS in the late 1800's

Rhoda Ann and Mary Ann md Crocker brothers in Williamson Co TN in the early 1850's.

If you have a connection to this family, please contact me or post to this board.

Thanks
Saundra Pryor
spryor@ballistic.com

Re: Luke PRYOR ca 1736-50 NC, SC, TN, VA

Nanette Hakes (View posts)
Posted: 7 Dec 2001 5:39AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hugh McCabe II who married your Sarah is my so many greats uncle. Do you know anything else about the McCabes? Who attended his and Sarah's wedding, minister, bondsman, where?

Re: Luke PRYOR ca 1736-50 NC, SC, TN, VA

Saundra Pryor (View posts)
Posted: 29 Dec 2001 2:12AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hugh and Sarah were married in Williamson CO TN. Don't have the dates handy but there is books on marriages in TN.
Thanks for responding. They had no children.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic