Search for content in message boards

Ruan, Newcastle Co. Tipperary

Ruan, Newcastle Co. Tipperary

Posted: 27 Apr 2007 4:09AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hally, Lonergan
Thomas Hally married Bridget Lonergan had their first son Paul in Ireland then immigrated to US, New York. My G-Grandfather is John (Jack). Looking for information on the Hally's in this area. Any assistance helpful.

Re: Ruan, Newcastle Co. Tipperary

Posted: 5 Dec 2012 5:24PM GMT
Surnames: Hally, Foley, Nugent
My grandmother Alice Hally came from Ruan, she a married Hally but about four or five years later after loosind her husband married Edmund Nugent the farm hand. I also remember an old lady called Minnie Hally that lived accross from the Hally farm. Jack Foley is another late relatives name from the same place

Posted: 13 Dec 2014 1:58PM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Surnames: hally
Hello Geraldine
Is your maiden name Hally daughter of The Late Jerry Hally as I am Catherine daughter of the Late Patrick Hally. I came across your post dted 5/12/12. I have just started doing a family research and it is hard going, I have a long way to go yet. You have gathered a lot of information. I always thought our grandmothers maiden name was foley. I have also met Jack Foley and Minnie Hally.. I WILL KEEP YOU POSTED If I get any more information ANY WE CAN BUILD OUR FAMILY TREE.
Thanks
Catherine

Posted: 31 Jan 2015 9:01PM GMT
Hello, Oh my gosh. We have a Minnie in our family. My Great Great Grandmother was a Bridget Lonergan (Farther Otto) and Married a Thomas Hally. We have a mailing address of Ruan, Newcastle. I have a birth certificates and most of the Hally's in Kockperry. Another last name in Ruan would be Mary Griffin which married Paul Hally.

Posted: 31 Jan 2015 9:04PM GMT
first name of Bridgets father is Edmond. Sorry, I mixed family members names.

Posted: 27 Feb 2015 11:11PM GMT
I would like to invite anybody with Hally relatives to join our Facebook group "Hally Family History Group". Just click on this link https://www.facebook.com/groups/hallygenealogy/.

You would all be very welcome. I am currently doing a Hally one-name study. I have been gathering information on all Hallys in Ireland and my first goal is to connect up all the Irish Hally families as I believe they are all related.

My grandfather was James Hally who was born in Clashganny West in 1875.

Posted: 28 Feb 2015 10:07PM GMT
Hi there

Check historicgraves.com and ye will find a lot of Hally graves in Tipp and Waterford

P J
per page

Find a board about a specific topic