Search for content in message boards

Hillsinger family

Hillsinger family

Posted: 19 Feb 2002 5:11AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 19 Mar 2002 3:43AM GMT
I am looking for information on William Hillsinger (born about 1860) who married Bridget Glynn in or about Marionette County. Bridget (Glynn) Hillsinger died in chilbirth about 1894. At the time, the couple and their 4 children (Myrtle, Mary, Lillian and Ordella) were moving from Peshtigo to Marionette. William Hillsinger later used the name Leon Gaspardo. It is not clear what his birth name was or where he originated from, but there is some mention of Downsville, NY.

Re: Hillsinger family

Posted: 13 Mar 2002 3:16AM GMT
Edited: 8 May 2002 3:56AM GMT
Surnames: Gaspardo, Hillsinger, Gjermundsen, Berg, Johnson, Doctor
My great grandfather was Leon Gaspardo---also known as William Hillsinger. I have information on his second wife, Helena Doctor and their children, which includes my grandmother Iris Gaspardo Berg. I have only family 'legends' regarding his early years as William Hillsinger. I see you posted this message awhile ago. Hope you still are checking, I can't wait to hear from you.

Posted: 13 Mar 2002 3:48AM GMT
Edited: 19 Mar 2002 3:43AM GMT
Dawn, Leon Gaspardo/William Hillsinger is also my great-grandfather. I recently heard the story that he told one of his Hillsinger daughters in the 20's or 30's about his life and how he came to use 2 different names. He has been a mysterious person for years for us Hillsinger descendents, but another Hillsinger recently turned up an account written by one of his Hillsinger daughters after they communicated in the 20's for the 1st time in 25 years. My email is gflynng@yahoo.com if you wouldn't mind using it. I am also excited to hear from you. Gary

Posted: 7 Apr 2002 9:54PM GMT
Edited: 26 Sep 2002 4:25PM GMT
Hi,

William Hillsinger was born Sept 24, 1859 and his father was Montraville Hillsinger. He had a brother Marshall who was my step-grandfather. He also changed his name to Marshall Reynolds.

Shirley Adams Waldera

Posted: 10 Aug 2004 9:33PM GMT
Surnames: Gaspardo, Schilcher, Zierler, Hilse
hi i know its been awhile. my aunt adiline Zierler was married toWinfield Gaspardo. do you have any info on there childern,
thanks cheryl .......
cjtyll@comcast.net

Posted: 21 Oct 2011 2:16PM GMT
Surnames: hillsinger/ gaspardo
Hello, to whom it may concern, my name is leon john gaspardo, my grandfather was leon gaspardo, just found your post on the internet, just wondering if there was any recent action on this hillsinger family tree. Still interested. please reply.

Posted: 24 Oct 2011 4:17PM GMT
Surnames: hilsinger/ gaspardo
seen that the last posting was way back in time, is or was there any further results on this family tree please reply: LEON GASPARDO

Posted: 26 Oct 2011 1:54AM GMT
Hi Leon, Thanks for the inquiry. I had't done any work on Hillsinger/Gaspardo for a number of years; but I do have all my info and am interested. My email is gflynng@yahoo.com, and I live in Winona, MN. If you email me your address, I have a much more detailed story about William Hillsinger becoming Leon Gaspardo. AND, I'm really interested in staying in touch and exchanging stories, especially hearing more about Leon.
When I was a kid, living in Chicago in the 40's and 50's, I would travel to Milwaukee with my parents to visit Doug Gaspardo and his family.
I'm looking forward to hearing from you. Gary Flynn

Posted: 26 Oct 2011 2:34AM GMT
Mr Gary Flynn, Hello my name is leon Gaspardo thank you for getting in touch, if it is possible i would like to communicate with you via e-mail, my e-mail is ljgmercury@hotmail.com have some old photos you may interested in.

Posted: 9 Dec 2012 7:15AM GMT
My son is a descendant of the Gaspardos. I am trying to make a family tree for him and I am stuck. Nothing before Leon Gaspardo, and now I know why! Please email me if anyone is still checking this site. hdhugger1990@yahoo.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions