Searching for Konefal family

Searching for Konefal family

Roswitha Post (View posts)
Posted: 6 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Konefal, Pastuska, Nowak
My grandfather Johann Konefal born 1883 in Wilcza Wola,
Kolbuszowa County, prev. province of Rzeszow, prev. Galica,
Austrian-Hungarian Empire, now Poland, province of Podkarpackie. His parents (GGparents) Martin Konefal & Marianna (farmers in Wilcza Wola)
Grandmother (his wife) Katharina Konefal born Nowak,
ggfather Mathaeus Nowak, ggmother Katharina Pastuska of
Sternalice, West Poland.
Grandfather Johann's siblings left the area around 1880-1910 for the US or Canada. Johann left for Germany to work in the coal mines, died 1963.
I am, his granddaughter searching for Konefal's from the area above mentioned, possibly family. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Rose

Re: Searching for Konefal family

Posted: 3 Mar 2002 5:08PM GMT
Edited: 1 Apr 2002 12:21PM GMT
Maybe is too late.I know Wilcza Wola village.There is still many Konefal's surname .In new phone book is 13 Konefal,s in Wilcza Wola.Stan.

Rose (View posts)
Posted: 4 Mar 2002 8:29AM GMT
Hello Stan,
it is never to late. Found research in Poland difficult mainly because of language barrier. Thank you so much for looking into this for me. Are you in Poland or where are you?
I plan on going to Wilca Wola in the near future, perhaps this Spring. Need assistance once I am in Poland (Tarnow) with travel to Wilcza Wola, and translation. Do you know anyone?
How well do you know Wilcza Wola??
Rose

Posted: 3 May 2006 5:52PM GMT
Surnames: Nowak, Nostek, Jamcaz, Sajdak
I have grandfather, Joannes (Jan) Nowak from Podkarpackie, Chlebna, Poland, born 28 October 1882, parents: Valentinus Nowak, b: Aug 1859, and wife Ckatrianna Jamcaz b: 14 Feb 1859. Sister of Jan was Katarazyna Nowak, and brother Frank Nowak, both came to US to Lowell, Mass., as well as my grandfather, in years 1901, 1905 and 1907. My email is: johnldonovan1@aol.com.

Posted: 13 Sep 2006 12:16AM GMT
Hi Rose,

Did you ever make it over to Poland? Were you able to find family there?
I also have the name Konefal in my family tree. My G.Grandmothers maiden name was Lucja Konefal, daughter of Wincenty Konefal and Agnieszka Tylutka from Lipnica.
My family roots are from Lipnica, Wola Ranizowska and Galicia.
looking at some info my aunt received, other names in the family thru marriages are: Bembenek (Bebenek), Kazior, Konefal, Tylutka, Jasinski, Ambrocz, Drapala

I wonder if your great grandmother and my great grandmother were related. Do any of these other names ring a bell with you?

Someone was able to come up with a house number my great grandparents (bembenek) lived in in 1914/1915 in Wola ranizowska, the house number was 676

Karen
velvet48@yahoo.com

Stan (View posts)
Posted: 17 Sep 2006 5:28AM GMT
Hi Karen
Rose found Konefal family in Wilcza Wola village/5 km. from Lipnica/Also she came here to see with their.
In Lipnica now you can to find now exist.surnamesDrapala ,Jasinski,Konefal and Tylutki.
regards-stan

Karen (View posts)
Posted: 18 Sep 2006 11:40PM GMT
Hi Stan,

Thank you for the information. I have been looking a long time and will continue my search for family in poland.
Karen

Posted: 4 Jan 2007 11:28PM GMT
Classification: Marriage
Surnames: Konefal, Be~benek, Kubik
Hi Karen. I think I found my family at long last. My mother Bronislawa Be~benek Kubik was the daughter of Lucja Konefal and Wojciech Be~benek. Her siblings: Mihal, Anton, Victoria, and Helena immigrated to Housatonic and Springfield, Mass. Her sister Anna remained in Poland. I believe Lucja and Wojciech brought up their niece, Stanislawa, daughter of Vincenty. If Lucja was your great grandma, that would make us cousins, since she was my grandma. I go by the nickname, Tina. Please email me: babciatina@wmconnect.com Thanks Christine Kubik Korte

Posted: 5 Jan 2007 10:46AM GMT
Surnames: Be~benek, Konefal, Drapala, Kubik
Hi Stan. My grandmother Lucja Konefal married Wojciech Be~benek. Children: Mihal, Anton, Bronislawa, Victoria, Helena and Anna. All except Anna immigrated to the USA. I am still trying to find the children of Anna who married a Jasinski. You have communicated with my niece, Karen, who is doing an independent search. please email me: babciatina@wmconnect.com.

Christine Kubik Korte

Posted: 7 Jan 2007 2:22PM GMT
Surnames: Kondefal, Drapala Jasinski, Be~benek, Tylutki
Stan- Tried emailing Rose re the Konefal family. all the names you mentioned are related to the Konefal/Be~benek families. If you have any more info please email : babciatina@wmconnect.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic