Search for content in message boards

Captain Asa Richardson - Deer Isle

Captain Asa Richardson - Deer Isle

Posted: 2 Jul 2007 4:31PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Richardson, Robbins, Stinson,
I'm looking the parents of Captain Asa Richardson (abt 1797 - 1888) who live most of his life in Deer Isle. He's my 4th great-grandfather. His father appears to have been from Falmouth, Maine; when his father died his mother remarried a Captain York, who we think lived on Deer Isle. We have records of Captain Asa Richardson living in Deer Isle from 1818 (marriage to Margaret Robbins) to 1888 (buried in Old Settlers Cemetary). If anyone has any other information on Captain Asa Richardson, or his decendants, I would be very grateful. Thank you.

Re: Captain Asa Richardson - Deer Isle

Posted: 9 Jul 2007 7:00AM GMT
You may want to get in touch with the author of this recent post to the Cumberland County, Maine, mailing list:

http://archiver.rootsweb.com/th/read/MECUMBER/2007-04/117786...

He identifies Asa's parents as William and Susannah (Cummings) Richardson of Falmouth.

Posted: 27 May 2011 6:09AM GMT
I am a decendant of Capt. Asa Richardson. My g.grandmother, Margaret E. Richardson,was born in Deer Isle, Maine. Her father was Captain William Richardson who died at sea with her older brother, Albert, who was 19 years old at the time of his death. My grandmother wrote a bit of the family history in a little book that was given to my mother (which I now have.)

Posted: 24 May 2013 6:18PM GMT
I am interested in information concerning the siblings of Capt. Asa Richardson. I'm looking in particular for Jane Richardson, who married one Robert Robertson, and Jane's sister Mary or Martha who married Robert Robertson in Deer Isle after Jane died.

I hope your grandmother's little book might say something about Asa's other family members.

thank you.
DJ Deans

Posted: 27 May 2013 7:05PM GMT
Surnames: Richardson, Robbins
I am also a descendant od Asa. His son John B was my grandmother's great grandfather. John B. Named one of his so s after his brother, Albert Waters. Albert had a daughter Eva Mae who had a daughter Dorothy (my grandmother).

I would love a photo or scan copy of the notebook. If you are reasonably local, I would love to meet. I am in Massachusetts.

Please feel free to email or call. Georgiannacowley@gmail.com 978-595-2022.
It is a Google voice # but gets to me.
I have lots of Richardson info. Just spent 4 days at Deer Isle and Stonington.

Posted: 27 May 2013 8:54PM GMT
Below is an excerpt from my g.grandmother's booklet. Her grandfather was Asa Richardson. Because of the handwriting, I have done the best I could to read and spell the names as she did.

"My grandfather, who would be your great great grandfather was born in Falmouth, Eng. His father died when he was a small boy and he was adopted by a man who I believe became his step father. He always called this man "Old Father Yorke." My grandfather had two sisters, Constance and Nicey Richardson, but I do not know if he did or did not have any brothers. When he was a young man he came from Falmouth, Eng. to Falmouth, Maine and there married my grandmother who was Margaret Robbins. They had a large family of children, Susan, Sarah, Mary, Margaret, John, George and William. William was my father and your great grandfather. He married my mother who was Mary Abigail Bray, daughter of Johnathan and Elizabeth (Howard) Bray. My grandmother died the day I was 13 years old and was nearly 90 years old. My grandfather died somewhere in the spring about 3 or 4 years later. He was 94."

Posted: 27 May 2013 10:20PM GMT
This is wonderful information! It makes a lot of sense to learn about "Old Father Yorke" as I believe Susannah married Benjamin York after her husband died and he was an old man when they married. New information and confirmation of some old information. Thank you so much for your response.

Posted: 27 May 2013 10:27PM GMT
I would be very interested to know if you might have seen the names Mary Richardson and/or Jane Richardson in your recent research at Deer Isle.

Thank you.

Posted: 28 May 2013 2:33AM GMT
Surnames: Richardson
I have a Mary Richardson in my tree too. What year? Feel free to email me as I check my email more frequently than I do ancestry. georgiannacowley@gmail.com

Posted: 28 May 2013 2:35AM GMT
Surnames: Richardson
To help narrow it, in my tree, I have Mary Jane Richardson, born 1827 as the daughter of Asa and Margaret Richardson.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions