Search for content in message boards

Picture of James Albert Mosley

Picture of James Albert Mosley

Judy (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jun 2006 12:59PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: SPANN, MOSLEY
Does anyone have a picture of James Albert Mosley or Aaron Ashley "Sambo" Mosley? I am a descendant through Martha Ann Mosley (dau. of James A. Mosley). Martha Ann married James H. Spann. I have many pictures that I believe to be of Mosley, Bryant, Denmann family.

Re: Picture of James Albert Mosley

Glenda Logan (View posts)
Posted: 6 Sep 2006 5:08AM GMT
Edited: 18 Dec 2006 5:10PM GMT
Surnames: Mosley, Moon, Spann
I do not have a picture of James Albert Mosley that I know of but he was my grandads father .James Eli Mosley .My grandad married Julia Ann Moon.My mom was Vida Ella Mosley. My mother was related to the Spanns .I have heard her speak fondly of a person she called Sis Spann .Are these the ones you are talking about .I do know that Sambo Mosley was my uncle .I think Great uncle .If so I might be able to help you .

Judy (View posts)
Posted: 7 Sep 2006 11:22PM GMT
Surnames: MOSLEY, SPANN
Good to hear from you. My grandmother, Judy Spann was called Aunt Sis. Like your mother, everybody was fond of her. I have lots of pictures of the Mosley family, some are of Mosley men that were in World War I. Would like to know who they are. I found a picture of William Walter Mosley in the Grimes County Historical Book and he looks so much like the men in the pictures I have. I would like to get the pictures to family members that do not have a copy.

Posted: 8 Sep 2006 8:55PM GMT
Edited: 18 Dec 2006 5:11PM GMT
Surnames: Mosley
Judy

Glenda is my husband cousin. Sure Hope you have a picture of James Albert for us. She is looking for it for me.

Annette Ditto

Judy (View posts)
Posted: 8 Sep 2006 11:51PM GMT
Surnames: MOSLEY, SPANN
Hi Annette,
Actually I was hoping someone else had a picture of James Albert or Aaron Ashley Mosley. I might possibly have one -- but the pictures I have that I believe to be Mosley have no names on them.

Posted: 9 Sep 2006 4:11AM GMT
Edited: 18 Dec 2006 5:12PM GMT
Surnames: Mosley
Thats oK I was just hoping.

Annette

Posted: 5 Jun 2009 9:12PM GMT
My great grandfather is William W Mosley from Texas. I seen your post and had to reply. Not sure if his middle name was Walter but will check into it and would love to see that picture.

Posted: 6 Jun 2009 4:38AM GMT
Judy I think Martha was my great Aunt.My grandad was James Eli Mosley son of James Albert.I heard my mom speak of Sis Spann many times.I would love to see the pictures.
If at all possible.I have a few pictures too.

Posted: 6 Jun 2009 9:09PM GMT
Surnames: Mosley, Spann
Hello,
The only info I have on James Eli is a birthdate and he was married to Julia Moon. Six children listed for him, but no additional information on them. My first post was probably unclear, since I do not have a picture of James Albert Mosley, but was hoping someone else did. I do have pictures of other Mosleys (I think they are probably Mosley) but cannot get them identified. Who was your mother? All of that side of the family referred to my grandmother as "Sis", or "Aunt Sis". She was much loved. I live around Madison County, Tex. Would love to share information with you.

Posted: 6 Mar 2013 10:21PM GMT
Surnames: Mosley ,Spann ,Carter
Hi ,I am very interested in the photos that you have of the Mosley family .My maiden name is Carter .My great grandfather was Joseph Edward Carter who was married to Nora Spann .Her father was James Spann and her mother was Martha Ann Mosley ,who I believe is the daughter of James Albert Mosley who was married to Elizabeth Fuller .I have never been able to find anything out about the Carter family .My father was Carl Edward Carter and his father was Doyle Carter who was married to Willie Mae Obanion .Does anyone know what race the Mosley family were .I had read where they were Melungeons but honestly I personally do not know .Any photos are information you have I would greatly appreciate .
per page

Find a board about a specific topic