Search for content in message boards

JAMES STEWART

JAMES STEWART

Posted: 27 Dec 2003 6:11PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 17 Jul 2004 2:11AM GMT
Looking for James Stewart who came to Rowan County before 1786.. Wife may have been named Elizabeth.
Children: William, Thomas, Alexander, James, Robert, Samuel, Elizabeth, Margaret, Jane (my ggggrandmother). James died in 1812 in Iredell County, NC & lived on Snow Creek at the time. Thanks, Evelyn

Re: JAMES STEWART

Laura (View posts)
Posted: 4 Jan 2004 11:50PM GMT
Could your James Stewart be the relative of MST, Mary Stewart Thompson. age 54 buried in the Thyatira Presbyterian Church near Salisbury. John Thompson probably her father-in -law was buried there in 1774.

Posted: 5 Jan 2004 5:55PM GMT
Edited: 17 Jul 2004 2:11AM GMT
Laura,
The name you mentioned, I don't recognize but will keep it in mind.. Thanks for your reply. Evelyn

Posted: 7 Mar 2008 4:54PM GMT
Surnames: THOMPSON, Stewart
Laura,

Did this Thomas THOMPSON, son of John, 1700-1774, marry Mary STEWART 29 Apr 1768, in Rowan County, North Carolina?
North Carolina Marriages to 1825.

I have likewise seen this Thomas THOMPSON, son of John, 1700-1774, of Rowan County, North Carolina, also posted as married to Eliza STEWART, circa 1773, Rowan County, North Carolina, with children enumerated as Elizabeth, George, Ann T., James and Alexander...

This Thomas THOMPSON is believed to be the son of John THOMPSON, died 04 March 1774, at age 74, buried next to his son, Alexander THOMPSON, in the Thyatira Presbyterian Church Cemetery, in Rowan County, North Carolina.

This John THOMPSON, 1700-1774, is thought to have been married twice; first to Margaret, second to Martha, as she is enumerated in the will of John THOMPSON, 1774, Rowan County, North Carolina.

Can you share any further information about this family with us, please?

Regards,
Milisia

Posted: 7 May 2008 3:33PM GMT
Surnames: Thompson/Renfro
Do you know of a James Thompson supposed to be born in NOrth Carolina about 1738-1746. I do not know where. He was married to Sallie Renfro. He lived most of his life in Patrick Co., Virginia. He had 12 Children. He was said to have fought in the Rev. War but that cannot be proved. I sure could use some help. James Thompson is my brickwall as well as my GGGGGrandfather. My Mother was a Thompson.

Thank you,

Bonnie Glover
per page

Find a board about a specific topic