Search for content in message boards

Jacob J Kozina

Jacob J Kozina

Jerry Martinek (View posts)
Posted: 25 May 2006 3:26AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Kozina, Wishka, Vyska
Looking for information on the descendants of Jacob J Kozina (1 Aug 1962 in Tomascov, Bohemia - Bef 1941 in Seymour, WI) and wife Frances Vyska (Apr 1868 in Carlton Twp - Nov 1941 in Seymour, WI). Their children were: Peter Kozina (May 1886), Joseph (Aug 1887), Ann (May 1889), Frances (Apr 1892), Mary (Nov 1899), and Emily (abt 1901). Frances Vyska was my 3rd great grand aunt.

Re: Jacob J Kozina

Tony (View posts)
Posted: 25 May 2006 6:58PM GMT
Hi Jerry, I have not descendants but I have ancestors of Jakob Kozina.
Kozina Thomas son of Adam and Anna Seidl, born 17th Apr 1825 in Tlumacov, + 1909 Stangelville, emigrated after 1867 with his family to Wisconsin.
He married before 1846 to Vogeltanz Marie born 30th Jan 1825 in Tlumacov.
The Children: Katharina 1851 in Tlumacov married to Josef Kunesh.
Jan+1846 in Tlumacov
Jan 1847 Tlumacov
Anna 1849 Tlumacov, married to Mach Jan
Marie+1855 Tlumacov
Josef 1857 +1865 Tlumacov
Jakub born1st Aug 1862 in Tlumacov, married to Frantiska Wishka born abt. 1865 Karlton
Georg 1866 Tlumacov married to Barbora Forst b.1875 Stangelville
Marie 1867 Tlumacov married to Josef N.Rebitz b.1867 Manitowoc Co.

Tlumacov (Tillmitschau) is the big village 4 km southern from Domazlice town in Southwest Bohemia.
All the best from Czech. Tony.

karla_n_spike (View posts)
Posted: 6 Jun 2006 5:07AM GMT
Surnames: SKOCHPOL, MAREK, JICHA, RABAS
Hi Jerry,
It would appear that your Jacob had a younger brother George and that they lived near by each other in the township of Franklin in Kewaunee county WI. George and Barbara had a son Frank Kozina who became a doctor and practiced in Milwaukee. He married Arlene Emily Skochpol - the daughter of Joseph Skochpol and Mary Zima. You will notice that the Zima family lived closed by the various Kozina families in Franklin township per the 1900 - 1920 censuses. Dr. Frank J. Kozina died 7 Feb 1961 at age 51 and is now buried next to his wife who died 25 May 1994 at Mount Olivet Cemetery And Mausoleum. By my calculations, Frank would have been your Jacob J. Kozina's nephew.
Hope this may be of some value to you,
Karla

Jerry Martinek (View posts)
Posted: 8 Jun 2006 12:57AM GMT
Thanks, Karla. I did not know Frank's wife's name and the related dates. I did know that Frank's siblings appear to be Victor (also a doctor), Anna, George, Charles, and Mary (married Louis Saylor). Do you have additional info on any of these siblings? (Also, Barbora Kozina, the mother's, maiden name was forst.

Posted: 8 Jun 2006 4:29AM GMT
Edited: 26 Nov 2006 7:47AM GMT
Surnames: SKOCHPOL, MAREK, RABAS, JICHA
Sorry Jerry, but I don't really know anymore than that. I believe I am related to the Skochpol family through my maternal grandmother, Carrie Marek, although to this point I am unable to document it. Arlene would have been a cousin/step-cousin of my grandmother. I will keep my eyes open in case I run across something in my search.
Karla

Posted: 18 Jun 2007 10:10PM GMT
Jacob Kozina was my great grandfather. Mayme Kozina (not Mary) was my grandmother. She was born Nov 9, 1899 and died Aug 26, 1974. She married Perry Brown from Hortonville WI, and settled in Appleton, WI. They had one daughter, Betty, who was born on Jun 23, 1920, and married Robert Ducklow. They had two children, daughter Perri, and son Peter (me!).

Frances married Charles Markott and upon his death, married Henry Stolz. They lived in Green Bay (Allouez, WI).

Emily (or Emmy as we called her) married Harry Rydahl and lived in Marinette, WI. They had one daughter, Patricia.

Posted: 19 Jun 2007 2:25AM GMT
Hi, Peter. Well, don't expect an inheratance real soon, but we are third cousins once removed. Thanks for the info. Two questions: First, do you know anything about the other children of Jacob, namely Peter, Ann, and Joseph? I think Joseph married Cora Burdick. Also, if you have any interest in getting information on Jacob's wife's(Frances Vyska)family, I can provide info back to about 1740 on some parts. Thanks again!

Posted: 19 Jun 2007 7:07PM GMT
Surnames: Kozina Vyska Wishka
Hi Jerry -

I would love to learn more about my great grandmother, Frances Vyska/Wishka. From what I understand, she was quite the practical joker. She would do things like pour maple syrup into a gentleman's hat, or send their handyman out for a Mason jar stretcher! My grandmother would have us in stitches telling us these stories.

I don't know much about my grandmother's older siblings. I know that Ann (also Annie, and we called her Aunt Nan) lived in Los Angeles. I have heard stories about some of them, but I don't know who they happened to or if they were even true or not.

Thanks,
Pete

Posted: 20 Jun 2007 8:43PM GMT
I'd be happy to share a bunch of information with you. Rather than re-type things here, can you send me your email address and we'll correspond directly? Mine is JerryMartinek@comcast.net.

Posted: 30 Oct 2012 11:39AM GMT
Hello Tony!

I hope you receive this message. I would love more ancestor information about Adam and Anna Seidl and their parents. their son, Thomas, was my Great Great Great grandfather.

Thank you!

Tricia O'Boyle
Tricia.oboyle@gmail.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic