Search for content in message boards

Webb Lake Area - Cemeteries & Indexes

Webb Lake Area - Cemeteries & Indexes

Posted: 9 Feb 2013 10:40AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: BRADLEY
Are there any indexes for cemeteries serving the community of Webb Lake? (I found two cemeteries listed on Find-A-Grave, Webb Lake Cemetery and Evergreen Cemetery. Are there more?

We are looking for a grave for Ira E. BRADLEY who probably died between the 1920 & 1930 censuses. He was born abt. 1857 in Vermont, lived also in Kansas KS & Iowa IA. In 1920 he is ennumerated with wife Martha living in Webb Lake. We could not find him in the 1930 census. We believe Ira was Methodist. Are there any Methodist cemeteries serving that area?

Any suggestions on where I might find indexes or cemetery listings would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Unette
unette@aol.com

Re: Webb Lake Area - Cemeteries & Indexes

Posted: 9 Feb 2013 7:18PM GMT
What was his middle name? I may have found him if his
middle name was "Ellette". Let me know.

Posted: 9 Feb 2013 9:17PM GMT
Thanks for your reply!

We do not know his middle name, only the initial E. We are willing to investigate any leads as we have none at this point. The last info we have on him is that he was living in Webb Lake in 1920 with his wife Martha.

Would love to hear what you have found!

Thanks again.
Unette

Posted: 9 Feb 2013 9:50PM GMT
I'm not absolutely sure this is he, but I found an Ira Ellette Bradley who died August 7, 1926 in Jackson Co. OR. Certificate #181. No other info was shown.
This was under "Oregon Death Index". When I searched the Jackson Co. USGEN Web I see where they have listed names for ones they have death certificates for. His name was listed. If you would like to order his death certificate to be sure this is the correct one you can go on the website and get the address. Or, you might try just doing a search for "Jackson Co. OR Death Certificates". (They also had one on a Mabel Juanita Bradley Cert #267. Not sure she was kin.)

Not sure if you have this, but I also found Martha Bradley in 1930 living with her son by her first marriage, Ralph L. Coleson and Gladys in Grand Haven, Ottawa, MI. She was still living with them in 1940 in Marion, Oceana, MI. He was listed as son, and a Clergyman, just like Ira was.

Find a grave for Martha Coleson Bradley: Buried Hart Cem. in Oceana, Co. MI. Dates 1861 - 1943. Died at age 82.

(I was interested in searching for you because I was born in Burnett Co. WI, but live in VA.)

Posted: 9 Feb 2013 11:55PM GMT
Surnames: BRADLEY, COLESON
Thank you for your quick reply. I did find the Ira E. BRADLEY Jackson Co. OR on Find-A-Grave, but don't believe him to be the correct person. I do have his info though and will keep him in mind,...it appears that he was married to a Myra for a long time and had children with her.

Yes, we had Martha BRADLEY up to the 1930 census (living w/son Ralph COLESON), but did not have the 1940 (hadn't looked yet!), nor did I have her death/burial!

Thank you, I will look for an obituary for her to see if that has any clues.

Appreciate your interest in helping solve the mystery!

Unette
unette@aol.com

Posted: 10 Feb 2013 2:20AM GMT
When I saw your name Unettel I thought I had found him. They looked similar. Good luck!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions