Search for content in message boards

William Turner

William Turner

rwalker (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jun 2005 3:16AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Turner Virgin Brumley
Am seeking information on William Walter TURNER b mo age 40 married a Nora N b in Ks age 36 married her in mo
TURNERWilliam E (possible Eddie or Edward), b mo age 17
TURNER James, b mo AGE 15
TURNER Howard C b mo AGE 11
TURNER Blanch AGE 9 B MO
TURNER Marion AGE 7 B MO
TURNER Paul AGE 4 11/12 B MO
TURNER Stella AGE 2 1/12 B MO
he is in found in Ark Carroll Co in 1920 he owned his farm his parents are James and Rachel (Brumley) Turner William is youngest of 5 children i have names for 4
VIRGIN (TURNER) Nancy r b 1863 in mo died 1902
TURNER Mary E b in mo in 1873
TURNER James Fredrick b 1874 in mo died 1931 ok
TURNER William b mo 1879
i am looking for more info on this line trying to find more information on Williams Fathers Parents have information about his brother and sister nancy willing to trade info

Re: William Turner

Posted: 10 Jul 2005 2:20PM GMT
Do you know what part of MO that he was from?

rwalker (View posts)
Posted: 11 Jul 2005 2:19AM GMT
Yes in 1865 after coming back from the civil war James (Williams Dad) married Rachel m Brumley in christian co mo they were married by Rachels uncle J. Bilyue then in 1870 i can not find them in the census and in 1880 census they are in lawerance co mo in a1883 James died and in 1890 they were in greene co mo i know this from her widows pension papers in 1900 they are in greene co and then in 1914 rachel dies James her son 1902 moves to beggs okla and William and his family move to carroll co arkansas and this is all i know of William family as i do not have the 1930 cesus available as of yet

Posted: 12 Jul 2005 4:20PM GMT
Surnames: Turner
DO you have WIlliam father by any chance? Looking for a William born in Ireland/England about 1774 onle one child know of Amos born North Carolina 1800 but can't find family anywhere so it is possable the family moved just a thought, as you can tell I have hit the brink wall on this one.

Ken

Posted: 13 Jul 2005 4:01PM GMT
I am up against a brickwall also. My ggggg Grandfather was William Turner born around 1790 but I am not sure where he came from. I do know he had more than on kid but not sure of all the names. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Posted: 14 Jul 2005 10:29AM GMT
Edited: 25 Oct 2005 3:05AM GMT
Surnames: Turner, Currence, Fincher, Starnes, McCarter, Catt, Thompson
Roger,

My Turner branch had 2 William Turner both of which left York County, South Carolina, where they were born. One was born in the very late 1700s, legend is he settled in Louisana. The other one was born in the very early 1800s, legend is he settled in Georgia. I have been unable to find their descendants.

Have you or someone from your branch taken the DNA test for the Turner project?

Joy Fincher Atkinson
GGGG Granddaughter of Robert and Rosannah Turner

Posted: 14 Jul 2005 5:16PM GMT
Okay now that is interesting.

The one person I have what I would call as hard info on is Amos Tuner the son of William Turner. Amos was born in 8 Aug 1800 North Carolina reportedly to William and Ann Turner, William was reportedly born abt 1774 in Ireland and MAY (from one oral note) have been an indentured servant. Amos lived and died in Colquitt County, Georgia. His first 9 children we born in NC having him entering GA after 1834

In searching the 1830 NC census records it seems that Amos had a brother Silvas but MORE importantly it looks like there was an older person in the family that lived with Amos (1830 census which only shows ages not name of other in households), age 50-60 the right age to be his father but not showing in 1840 in GA with Amos.

Does this seem to work with your data on your William Turner seeing you do have one going to GA)

Posted: 14 Jul 2005 5:18PM GMT
Surnames: Tutrner
We only have female's that could do DNA seems the turner's had more females than males and the only DNA's I have found are for Males.

Ken

Posted: 16 Jul 2005 4:14PM GMT
My great grandfather was William M. Turner. I read your messages re: William Turner and I need to find out if there is a link. What attracted me to you was the note that your William moved to Georgia. My William M. Turner was born in Georgia in 1821. I don't know the town nor county in Georgia. He married Louisa C. ?? about 1850 in Georgia. Their 2nd child was James B. Turner born in 1856 in Georgia, but their 3rd child was William L. Turner born January 27, 1857 in Burleson, Brazos County, Texas.

I have the names and date of birth of other children. If you feel there could be a connection here, please write and perhaps we can gain more knowledge about this line.

Sincerely,
Loyce Redling

Posted: 18 Jul 2005 5:50PM GMT
It looks like to me we could have brothers but that is just a guess.
First my OLDEST William is much older but his son Amos born 1800 had kids to compair;

Your William M. Turner was born in Georgia in 1821
one of my WIlliam's born 28 Jan 1828 NC

One of Amos kids Smith Turner (born 25 Apr 1830 NC) has a James born 1853 born GA many lived in Marion, Georgia

Names seem to follow families but James, William are way to common do you have any “odd’ names like Zilphan, Epsey, Aretus, Morenday, or Narcissus Adeline.

Please contact me at lewetagk at hotmail.com (“at” added to protect from spamming)

Ken
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions