Search for content in message boards

Morris Family Researchers in North Carolina - New Website

Morris Family Researchers in North Carolina - New Website

Posted: 12 Oct 2007 5:22PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Morris
Hey folks.

I have created a new website called East Carolina roots.

http://www.eastcarolinaroots.com

As many of you know, the Morris family is VERY strong in eastern North Carolina -- has been since the 1700s and still is to this day.

If you descend from the North Carolina Morris, or if you think you might, you should visit the site, submit a tree (GEDCOM file) if you have one, and join the forum so you can meet up with other Morris researchers.

Again, the site is very new, so the search engine isn't picking up everything on the site yet, and the forum just opened yesterday, so you will be embarking on brand new territory!

In addition to all of this, there is also an EastCarolinaRoots DNA project that I head up and I'm hoping to get Morris descendants (male, Morris surname) to join in this project because I descend from some Morris lines and would love to see how the results come out and if we can match certain branches with certain lines.

Thanks in advance!

Sara

Re: Morris Family Researchers in North Carolina - New Website

Posted: 1 Nov 2007 7:18PM GMT
Hey - my step father is a Morris and His father was Charles Russell Morris from West Virginia (Logan Co)-Thats all that we can find out right now. I was told that Charles told stories about the indians being sent thur WV from NC. I ordered my stepfather the Cherokee books.
Cindy Jordan 800-768-3344 X 624

Posted: 21 Jul 2008 4:16AM GMT
Surnames: Morris, Ives
Hello, Morris researchers, and especially Sara W.,
I have been stuck at my great-great-grandfather, Samuel W. Morris for nearly a year. Samuel lived in Craven County from about 1815 until he died in abt 1858. He farmed on the north side of the Neuse River. He was married to Marion Ives in 1841, and they had three children, Joseph A.(my great-grandfather), John, and Mary Ann.

Some postings that I saw recently have led me to suspect that Samuel may be related to Laban Morris, possibly as a nephew.

Does anyone have a list of Laban's siblings, and their spouses and children?

I remain ever hopeful of solving this puzzle,
Mary Morris Bishop

Posted: 23 Jul 2008 9:06PM GMT
Sara, This may make my day. My Mother' Mother was Bessie Almania Morris , She was raised in Stokes Cty.N.C. she was the daughter of Benjamin "Pete" Morris& Amanda Wolfe. His father was Presley W. Morris. The family settled on Red Bank Creek Area. At the present time I am not online, but I should be back on shortly. I'm at Davidson County library at this time. If info rings any bells, please mail me something to let me know in the mail. Address it to mandarinmelody, P.O.Box 452, Linwood, N.C. 27299

Posted: 7 Apr 2009 9:40PM GMT
Iknow not where I come from! According to the 1880 census my g-greatgrandfather father came ffrom NC. My G-grandfather was supposed to be part Blackfoot and his first wife was full blooded Cherokee.

The census taker could not spell and they put my g-great grandfather down as Banjamam Morris. Actually, it should be Benjamin E. or A. Morris. From this point on all is lost.

Benjamin E. or A. was married to Priscilla Isbell. Again no info on her. I'm so lost in the woods that I can't find my way out. Do you have anyone in your line of Morris tribe with some information?

Jean Morris Klusmeier
Klusmeier1@cox.net

Posted: 13 Apr 2009 11:40PM GMT
I am looking for native american morris family too. I can trace my my heritage to rutherford county nc, catwaba nc. alot of morris family white/black originate from the sw portion of the state who knows we may be looking for the same people.

Posted: 20 Apr 2009 6:26PM GMT
Surnames: Morris-Hardy
Hi Sara..you may be the answer to my prayers. I have been able to trace my family back to South Carolina. I have Eli L. Morris m. Margarett Hardy and both of their parents are listed as having been born in South Carolina. I have found nothing else on either of them. I have my tree posted on Ancestry but I do not know if I know how to transfer it. I would love to be a part of your Carolina website.
Billie Jean Morris

Posted: 11 Aug 2009 5:48PM GMT
I have Presley W. Morris 32 in 1860 Forsyth Co. N.C., Sledge Garden, film M653 married to Susan (Briggs)30 with children, William S. 12, Thomas F. 10, Eliza 8, John C. 6 and Benjamin B. 3.. Do we have the same Presley W.? Do you know who his parents are? Linda

Posted: 16 Aug 2009 11:58PM GMT
Hi,

I know that I am descended from the NC Morris. I come from the Morris line of Solomon whose father was Aaron married to Jane Thomas.

My gr grandfather was Rufus and I am looking for any information about him and his twin brothers. Their mothers name was Sylva but they were incorporated into the family (at least Rufus was) and moved to Rushville IN in the time after the civil war.

I have been looking for 2 years to get more info, so anyone who may be connected to this tree, please feel free to email me.

Finally some activity that may give new info. My grandmother (dau of Rufus and Victoria Morris) was Naoma Morris married to Amos Claude Dyer.

Posted: 17 Aug 2009 12:45AM GMT
I think I may be able to help you. as I have been searching my Morris tree, I found a second Aaron tree that is not connected with mine. It is in that tree that I have Benjamin (Draper) Morris.

I have annotated this tree under Aaron Morris 2. if you need help just contact me.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic