Search for content in message boards

Quaely

Posted: 8 Feb 2011 8:34PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 10 Feb 2011 9:50PM GMT
Grandfather, Michael (Mike) Quealy born on 12 August 1891 in Doonaha, Ireland. Looking for information on family members. I keep getting a dead end. Thanks for any help!

Re: Quaely

Posted: 10 Feb 2011 9:06PM GMT
Just found the correct spelling for family name: Quealy

The only information passed down to me is that Mike Quealy was born in County Clare. After immigrating to the US, at some point he became the Chief of Police in Casper, Wyoming

Posted: 2 Jul 2011 2:54PM GMT
Have you thought of calling the Casper City Police to see what info they can give you? Their ph # is (307) 235-8278. There is a Michael Roache Quealy aged 79 and died 2 Dec 1970 who is buried in the Highland cemetery. I can look up the obituary for you if you would like. I can also take a picture of the headstone.

Posted: 3 Jul 2011 2:57PM GMT
www.census.nationalarchives.ie

Residents of a house 11 in Doonaha West (Moyarta, Clare)
Show all informationSurname Forename Age Sex Relation to head Religion Birthplace Occupation Literacy Irish Language Marital Status Specified Illnesses
Quealy John 44 Male Head of Family Roman Catholic C Clare Farmer Read and write Irish and English Married -
Quealy Mary 46 Female Wife Roman Catholic C Clare House Keeper Read and write Irish and English Married -
Quealy Michael 10 Male Son Roman Catholic C Clare Scholar Read and write - Not Married -
Quealy John 6 Male Son Roman Catholic C Clare Scholar Read - Not Married -
Quealy Patrick 3 Male Son Roman Catholic C Clare Scholar Cannot read - Not Married -
Quealy Mary 13 Female Daughter Roman Catholic Co Clare Scholar Read and write - Not Married -
Quealy Bridget 4 Female Daughter Roman Catholic C Clare Scholar Read - Not Married -
Quealy Mary 79 Female Mother Roman Catholic Co Clare Housekeeper Read Irish and English Widow -
Morrissy Michael 30 Male Boarder Roman Catholic C Clare Carpenter Read and write Irish and English Not Married -
Melville Patrick 35 Male Boarder Roman Catholic Co Clare Carpenter Read and write Irish and English Married -
OShea Thomas 28 Male Boarder Roman Catholic Co Clare Carpenter Read and write Irish and English Not Married -

Posted: 6 Jul 2011 4:37AM GMT
Obituary for Michael R. Quealy

Casper Star-Tribune
Thursday, december 3, 1970
Page 8

Former Chief At Sheridan Dies at 79

A former Casper police chief, Michael R. Quealy, 79, of 1427 Sheridan Dr., died Wednesday morning in Natrona County Memorial Hospital after a sudden illness.

Quealy served as police chief from 1931 to 1933. He then went to work as a boiler operator for the Texaco Refinery from which he retired in Sept. 1956.

Born Aug. 12, 1891 in County Clare, Ireland, Quealy served in the U.S. Army during World War I. After his discharge he came to Casper in 1919. Here he married Ann Regan in 1923.

Quealy was a member of Our Lady of Fatima Catholic Church, the Knights of Columbus, the American Legion and was elected commander of the Wyoming Disabled Veterans in 1936.

Survivors include his widow; a son, John Quealy of Casper; two daughters, Mrs. Charles (Mary) Thelen of San Rafael, Calif., and Mrs. Peter (Ann) Sciaroni of Fresno, Calif.; a sister, Dehlia, of Kilballyowen, Ireland; a brother, Patrick Quealy of chicago, Ill., and nine grandchildren.

Rosary will be recited at 8 p.m. Friday in Memorial Chapel. Requiem mass will be celebrated at 9:30 a.m. Saturday in our Lady of Fatima Catholic Church by the Rev. A. H. Grannan. Military rites will be given by George W. Vroman Post No. 2, American Legion. Burial will be in Highland Cemetery.

I can take a picture of the headstone as well for you. There are still some Quealys that live in Casper. E-mail me at cemeterywalker@hotmail.com if you want me to contact them for you.
Posted: 11 Jan 2013 7:11PM GMT
Your grandfather had a brother Patrick. Patrick was my paternal grandfather. I have extensive family tree information if you are interested. I am in Illinois. Patrick settled in Chicago. One of Michael's children (John I think) kept in touch with my father (James) until 2012 when my father passed away. Feel free to email me at ; mikequealy(at)sbcglobal.net

Best regards, Michael Patrick Quealy
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions