Search for content in message boards

Oswald, Edward Paul

Oswald, Edward Paul

Posted: 27 Feb 2013 2:09AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Oswald, Hamilton
I have a brother in law, Edward Paul Oswald who was born Chism, Minnesota. This is where he said he was born on 7 March 1914. Never gave his parents names. He was in the US Navy in Norfolk, Virginia during WW II. Married Mary L. Hamilton in Norfolk, VA. He died in Connersville, Fayette County, Indiana in 1980. SS#469-09-5977. If anyone can help me find his parents I would appreciate it. Terry Crail

Re: Oswald, Edward Paul

Posted: 27 Feb 2013 11:41AM GMT
The name of the city would be Chisholm. I could not find any Oswald born in Minnesota in 1914. mnhs.org

Posted: 27 Feb 2013 7:21PM GMT
Edited: 27 Feb 2013 7:24PM GMT
Was his wife's name Marian?

The best match for him is a 15 year-old Edward OSWALD, born Minnesota, living iwth his aunt and uncle Ruth and Rolland ROBINSON in St. Paul in 1930. He was reported as having been born in Minnesota, father born Minnesota, mother born Sweden.

This Ruth's maiden name was HEDMAN. I can't tell from the 1930 census whether the aunt or uncle is the blood relative.

A family tree posted by a Rosequist22 includes this Edward OSWALD. It gives his parents' names as Anna E. HEDMAN and Edward J. OSWALD. This Anna's death was listed as 1927.

Minnesota, Marriages Index, 1849-1950
about Edward J Oswald
Name: Edward J Oswald
Marriage Date: 29 Jun 1912
Marriage Place: St Paul, Ramsey, Minnesota
Spouse's Name: Anna E Hedman
Spouse Gender: Female
Event Type: Marriage
FHL Film Number: 1313418

It would take more research, but a good match for the possible father, Edward J. OSWALD, born about 1887 in Minnesota, is found living in Oregon in the 1920 census...

=============================

*** The above Edward OSWALD is NOT the correct person. Per the Minnesota Death Index:

OSWALD, EDWARD
Date of Birth: 14 Mar 1915
Place of Birth: MINNESOTA
Mother Maiden Name: HEDMAN

certid# 1959-MN-029512

Date of Death: 01 Jul 1959
County of Death: RAMSEY

==============================

While it is disappointing not to have found the "correct" Edward OSWALD, it is good that you can rule out future research / references made to this particular Edward.

*** Do you possible names of siblings of your Edward OSWALD? Do you have his marriage certificate? Death certificate?

Beth
not related

Posted: 21 Apr 2013 8:16PM GMT
Are you still looking?
I think you have another thread going as well, with replies.

Posted: 1 May 2013 5:55PM GMT
Surnames: Oswald, Hamilton
Edward Paul Oswald died in Connersville, Fayette Co. Indiana. He was married in Liberty, Union County, Indiana. His wife was my older sister, Mary Louise Hamilton; and all my family are deceased except the one next to me. She is confused so I can get no help from her. Terry tcup2000@yahoo.com

Posted: 1 May 2013 7:17PM GMT
This post was deleted by the author on 2 May 2013 2:27AM GMT

Posted: 2 May 2013 2:09AM GMT
Two documents should have information about his parents - one is his world war 2 service records, the other is the application he filled out to get a social security card.

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions