Search for content in message boards

DAVID, JOSEPH, JOHN HAYS

DAVID, JOSEPH, JOHN HAYS

Posted: 6 Oct 2000 6:01PM GMT
Edited: 22 Jul 2001 12:28AM GMT
I'm searching for a connection of Thomas Hays,b.1693 Milford, Conn. d 1749 to David Hays, Sr. b. 1717 Sussex Co., N.J. d 1792 in Smith Twp. Washington Co. Pa, to Capt David Hays Jr.who served in the Rev. War b 1753 N.J. d 1832 Beaver Co., Pa. to Joseph Hays, b 1780 Sussex Co., N.J. d 1872 Grandview Twp.,Oh., to John Thompson Hays b. 1831 Harrison Co., Oh. d 1907 New Matamoras, Oh and served in the Civil War to John Hamilton Hays b 1859 New Matamoras, Oh d 1887 in Oh. River Boat Accident. If anyone has any info on any of the above I would deeply appreciate hearing from you. Thank you in advance, Barbara Dignowity - REDB111@aol.com

Joseph Hays

Posted: 1 Nov 2000 9:58PM GMT
Edited: 30 Jun 2001 5:32AM GMT
Do you have a Joseph Harvey Hays in your line? His son was Harvey Clifford Hays, b 1883. I do remember my Mom mentioning relatives in New Matamorus Ohio. Thanks, Debi

Joseph Hays

Posted: 2 Nov 2000 1:58PM GMT
Debi - I don't see a Hays by that name in my lineage. My Mother was born in New Matamoras and her Mother was born in E. Liverpool, Oh. and I do know there were lots of Hayes in New Matamoras, so just because I don't recognize the name doesn't mean there isn't "something" there. Regards, Barbara

Joseph Hays

Tom Hays (View posts)
Posted: 12 Nov 2000 4:32PM GMT
Saw your message about your mother's mother
being born in East Liverpool Ohio. Was she a
Hays. Am trying to get information about Hays's
in EastLiverpool around the early 1900's.
Tom Hays

East Liverpool - Hays

Posted: 13 Nov 2000 5:35PM GMT
Tom - It was my Grandmother who was born in E. Liverpool, Oh. She was born 3 March 1887 of John Hamilton Hays b 19 April 1859 in New Matamoras Oh, d. 2 May 1887 in an Ohio river boat accident. On 25 Nov 1885 her married Mary Alice Stark b 15 May 1866 in New Matamoras, Oh, d 26 May 1909 Cleveland, Ohio. She was remarried to a McCoy. If this info is of any help please let me know as I do have further info. Barbara

Hays - East Liverpool, Ohio

Posted: 13 Nov 2000 5:42PM GMT
Tom - I completely forgot to really answer your question. Yes, my Grandmother was a Hays. Her name being Georgiana Hays. I also noticed your mention of Hays's in Beaver Co., Pa. My Grandfather, Georgiana's husband was a Johnston and he and his family were all from that area. Just thought I'd throw that in. Regards, Barbara

East Liverpool Ohio Hays

Tom Hays (View posts)
Posted: 13 Nov 2000 6:09PM GMT
Barbara,
We have too many near misses here not to
be related somehow. The only John Hamilton
Hays that I have was born April 27 1857 but I
have no proof of that. He was my great grandfather's
brother. Thier father John Hays was born in
Columbiana County near Eastliverpool in 1806.
Also I have a lot of Hays and Hayes from
Tyler County West Va. wich is right across the
river from New Matamoras. A different John
Hays born 1787 was their by 1817. Some of his
children were Richard 1817, John M. 1820,
Samuel 1823, Sarah 1825, Eliza 1827, William
1830, Alexander 1832, Marion 1834, Nancy 1839,
and Abraham 1841. Do any of this ring a bell.

East Liverpool Hays

Posted: 14 Nov 2000 9:55AM GMT
Tom, I agree with you about too many near misses not to be related. Off the top of my head the names you mentioned don't ring a bell, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything. It sounds like they may have been offspring of David Hays of the Rev. War. Are you familiar with that fellow? He was b 15 Feb. 1753 in New Jersey and d 9 April 1832 in Beaver Co., Pa. His son being Joseph Hays b 8 March 1780 in New Jersey and d 20 Oct. 1872 in Grandview Twp. Oh. He married Elizabeth Waters on 2 Oct. 1811. I do know there are bunches of Hays' around the 1800's and I personally haven't pursued them, but it's looking more and more that perhaps I should. Joseph Hays was the father of my John Thompson Hays who served in the Civil War and either I'm not looking in the right places or something, but I can't seem to locate him there. He is my gg grandfather. My family has a history of keeping "notes" of their family and I haven't begun to go through all my Grandmother's papers. I do know she lists names and dates of lots of the Hays'. I'll get back into this, but I can't really promise when with the holidays almost upon us. I can no doubt do a little at a time and keep you posted if and when I discover any great news. However, I do want us to keep in touch as I said because I do think there has to be a connection. My husband and I went to Colorado in October and we met another Hays cousin. They both teach school and he's the Vice Principal and raises sheep for the FFA kiddos so they're really quite busy plus the fact they just bought a house so it's sorta hard to pin her down. It's her husband who's the Hays and she's the one who does the research. They're really neat people. We live just outside of Houston, Tx and are planning a move to Albuquerque in a little over a year. RETIREMENT TIME!!!! Will you please send me your e-mail address and I'll give you mine - REDB111@aol.com. I know some people don't approve of this, but sometimes it becomes necessary to really dig into things. Regards, Barbara
Posted: 21 Jan 2001 5:26PM GMT
TOM - WHERE DID WE LEAVE OFF? THE HOLIDAYS HAVE COME AND GONE AND SO HAS MY MIND. I BELIEVE I TOLD YOU I'D GET BACK TO YOU, DIDN'T I? PLEASE E-MAIL ME. THANKS, BARBARA

Re: East Liverpool Ohio Hays

Donna Harris Bowen (View posts)
Posted: 8 Mar 2002 1:05PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: HARRIS, HAYES
Hello, I saw your message about Hays/Hayes from Tyler County, West Virginia. My family is from there and we have a James Hayes married to Christa May Harris.

Christa was born 26 Aug 1881 in Tyler County, WV, and died 15 Sep 1967 in Stark, Ohio.

Children of Christa Harris and James Hayes are:
Floyd Hayes, b. 4 Apr 1904; d. Aug 1975
Melvin Hayes, b. 31 May 1908; d. Nov 1986
Etson Hayes, b. 1914

Hope this information helps and if you would happen to know any of these people and have more informatioin I would appreciate any help you could offer.

per page

Find a board about a specific topic