Search for content in message boards

"Lost" Children of William KEEN(E) b.1796, NC

"Lost" Children of William KEEN(E) b.1796, NC

mike starling (View posts)
Posted: 20 Nov 2003 9:06PM GMT
Classification: Query
William KEEN(E)b.1796, NC is listed in the 1830,1840,1850 Washington Co, GA census. The 1850 census gives us the names of the "known" children living in this household, and the ones "us" descendants normally research to discover more info on or seek to break through those brickwalls.

However, upon close examination of the details of the above three census it becomes clear that:
1) William had more children that the ones we know of.
2) It is unlikely that all of the unknown children died at an early age - based on their age in the census. More likely they reached adulthood and set out on their own. For example, take the oldest son listed below (1815-1820). We know that there were a lot of KEEN's migrating west into FL/AL/MS/TN at about this time. Perhpahs one of those "brickwalls" for a KEEN family branch in one of those states might be looking for a missing link?

Therefore I am seeking information, ideas, and input related to KEEN(E) family members who:
1) Were born in the timeframes and geographical area indicated for the "un-named" KEEN(E) children below.
2) Individuals who may be "brickwall" candidates looking for a "father" connection in GA in the early 1800's.

Children of William KEEN(E) b.1796, NC (Composite list developed from 1830/40/50 Washington Co, GA census)

1. Son KEEN b. between 1815-1820 NC?GA?
2. Sarah A. KEEN b. 1820, GA?
3. Willis KEEN b. 1822, GA
4. Son KEEN b. 1825, GA
5. Phereby KEEN b. 1828, GA
6. Daughter KEEN b. between 1825-1830
7. Freley KEEN b. 1832, Wash Co, GA
8. Coleman KEEN b. 1833, Wash Co, GA
9. Son KEEN b. between 1835-1840

Re: "Lost" Children of William KEEN(E) b.1796, NC

James Columbia (View posts)
Posted: 28 Jan 2004 9:39PM GMT
I am researching descendents of a William Keen, born c. 1796 in North Carolina. Based on the information I have, his wife was Ellender/Eleanor Fox, and they had a son John Keen born in April 1820 in NC. John Keen and wife Martha Raleigh ended up in Southeastern Kentucky (Clay, Leslie & Breathitt Counties). Could this be a link?

Posted: 12 Dec 2005 8:45PM GMT
Surnames: keene, keen, raleigh
I am a descendant of this William Keen(e) through John and Elizabeth and have much info on decsendants but little, in fact didnt even know about william, ancestry. I do however have marthas parents names. They were James Raleigh and Anne [Unknown]

Ron Keene (View posts)
Posted: 17 Dec 2005 2:43PM GMT
Surnames: Keen, McNeese, Daniels, Page
Is this William the son of John Keen and Elizabeth Curlee?
I am a descendent of John and Elizabeth Curlee Keen. Will appreciate any information you have about them.

Thanks
Ron Keene

Posted: 1 Feb 2006 7:35PM GMT
I think you may be a closer relative than I initially realized...Floyd's grandson..right...James' son. I am Joe's grandson. I didn't know that was william's parents, I had gotten an email from tony reed probably 8 years ago that you sent him that i have been going off of. Grandma (Mary) was trying to tell me something about someone coming over from a potatoe famine but she said it was james keen (floyd's father) but there are records of his parents residing in NC???

Posted: 1 Sep 2007 9:50PM GMT
Surnames: KEEN(E), SCOTT, WATKINS, WYNN, SANDERS, CHERRY, HOOKS, HOLLIMAN
HI COUSIN MIKE!
Just ran across this old p;ost from you. Nothing new at my end, unfortunately. As we both come from WILLIS & ELIZ. SCOTT KEEN, we both know our line is thru his father, WILLIAM b. 1796 NC, but dont think so far we have it any farther back.
Wd love to hear from others who may desc. from this family line, or who may have more info.
Thanks!
Cuz'n Tina

Posted: 1 Sep 2007 9:53PM GMT
Surnames: KEEN, CURLEE, SCOTT, ETC
HI RON & ALL:
I dont think we know if our WM. KEEN b. 1796 NC (father of our Willis) was descended from your William, son of John & Eliz. Curlee Keen.
That's the big Question for some of us... was our Wm. in fact desc. from JOHN KEEN of Samp;son Co NC ... or not?
We dont know too much about our Wm.
Any info is appreciated.
Thanks,
Cuz'n Tina

Posted: 28 Jun 2008 10:50PM GMT
I have a Lucinda Jane Keen, b:1840 d:1920 in my family tree, married to Zion B. Cornelius. She was born in Lincoln County, Tennessee and died in Blountsville, Blount County, Alabama.

Posted: 29 Mar 2009 3:47AM GMT
Surnames: Keen, Keene
My great grandfather was Geo W Keen...his son, McKenzie McCaskill Keene.....family tradition is that Geo Keen and a brother were stowaways on a ship from Scotland to America and when they arrived they went their separate ways. No one in the family seems to know any different....I have found a land grant for Geo...in Walton County...he lists his and his father's birth place as Florida on the application.....if you have a similar "Keen" story in your closet...maybe you are the other Keen(d) brother's descendant???? Would love to hear from you.

Posted: 30 Mar 2009 2:51AM GMT
Surnames: KEENE/SCOTT,ETC
BCARPENTERS:
I desc. from WILLIS KEEN, thru son, JAMES TULLY KEEN... would love to talk with you about this family line. I have just recently learned of our Ancestors much farther back! Will be happy to share with you!
there are several others of us who descend from the other children of WILLIS & MARGARET E. SCOTT KEEN and we'd love to share info with you, and learn of your line!
THANKS,
CUZ'N TINA KEENE PEDDIE/CA please email me at:
desabla1@yahoo.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions