Search for content in message boards

Hugh J. Riley, Anna (Brosnan) Riley

Hugh J. Riley, Anna (Brosnan) Riley

Nancy Riley (View posts)
Posted: 1 May 2000 6:37PM GMT
Looking for any Riley information. Hugh died Nov 19, 1932. Anna died 1948 born 1872.
Hugh had 2 brothers Willie and John, sisters Noan and Nellie. 1917 yellow pages 2302 Marshall Blvd Chicago. Anna (Brosnon) Riley sister was Elizabeth Tracy and James Tracy. Just getting started

Hugh and Anna Riley

Posted: 8 May 2000 1:08PM GMT
Edited: 12 Jul 2001 8:18PM GMT
Hugh and Anna are my great grandparents. My sister and I are working on the Riley tree and I guess you are a branch? Email me at Rappinrile@aol.com. PS Welcome to the family...lol

riley kin

nancy a. riley (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jun 2001 2:44PM GMT
am also looking for any info on my gggrand hugh, who would be an uncle to your hugh. his wife was nancy jane parnell. his father and mother were ningen and martha patsy. would aprec any scoop you might pass along. tks.

Re: riley kin

LaVaughn Jackson Nash (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jul 2001 4:14PM GMT
Surnames: Riley, Jackson, Hubbard
I am the g-g-g-grandchild of Hugh Riley and Nancy Jane Parnell Riley through their son James Ningen Riley's daughter Nancy Jane Riley Jackson, son Floyd Jackson, my dad.
Hugh's father was Ningon Riley, born SC, went to TN where Hugh was born. Ningon's wife was Marthe(Patsy) Choate who was supposedly Cherokee Indian. I have never seen a picture of her, but her grandchildren show a lot of NativeAmerican. (let's be politically correct!:>) There are pictures floating around of several of said children and grandchildren. I have a picture of my g-grandfather, Jim N. Riley born in Van Buren Co, Scotland town, AR. He was a blacksmith and storekeeper, my grandmother kept the store for him and he ran the blacksmith shop. One of my grandmother's Uncle's was a watch.clock maker in Clinton, AR, his son or nephew, not sure which, migrated to Montana where another branch of our family lives.

Would be glad to share my info on our branch with you and yours info as well.

Posted: 27 Aug 2001 4:04AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 30 Jun 2002 1:06AM GMT
I am also a gggranddaughter of Hugh and Nancy. Martha Patsy was a Powell, it is believed that her mother was a Choate. Uncle John Riley was the watchmaker. He had a jewelry store in Little Rock until he moved to Montana. His son was also a master watchmaker.

Barbara Patterson (View posts)
Posted: 19 Jan 2002 8:43AM GMT
I too am the ggg(g)granddaughter of Hugh Riley. My mother Rosalie Ernestine is the daughter of Samuel Ernest Riley, son of John Riley. They did move to Montana and were watchmakers. I hope we can help each other.

Robert L. Riley (View posts)
Posted: 19 Jan 2002 5:59PM GMT
is john from ky was his name john samuel riley is hi gr grand father named francis e riley
robert l. riley 150 hargrove rd melber,ky 42069
270=856-4080

Barbara Patterson (View posts)
Posted: 19 Jan 2002 8:34PM GMT
I am sorry by my ggrandfather's was the son of Hugh Riley/Nancy Parnell. Sorry I can not help you on those names.

Posted: 25 Aug 2002 5:37AM GMT
Edited: 22 Oct 2005 6:38AM GMT
Surnames: Riley, Webb, Fry, Dye, Parnell
I am the granddaughter of Samuel Riley, son of John Riley, son of Hugh. John and Samuel were both watchmakers and lived in and out of Arkansas and Montana. I have quite a bit of info on this line if you are interested. I would surely like to share my info with you in exchange for your info. I have info on Ningon and Patsy (Martha) Powell, Hugh's parents also. Jewell Gammill has lots of info too.

Posted: 7 May 2008 7:14PM GMT
I was interested in your run down of your family. You might be interested to know that I bought the 40 acre farm of Jim Riley outside of Scotland-in 1952 and lived there 2 times and finally sold it in two increments. First the 5 acres across the road and then much later the other 35 (sold in 1996). While there my parents visited and some of the old timers down in town told my dad that he was the "spittin image" of old Jim. I didn't learn of Riley Cem until after we left there and I haven't been down there in years. While we lived there, a relative of Jim's from Little Rock stopped by one Sunday and he said that his parents had planted one of the trees near the house which was quite big by that time. Would love to share our information. My distant relative was Ninian Riley born in
Maryland and moved to Yadkin Co, NC.
Eloise Riley Yentzer - enyent@yahoo.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions