where passenger lists, or general information about
the voyage would be.
Thanks
Brenda

Re: New York Packet - Moy

Posted: 21 Jun 2010 12:14PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Moy
Hi Brenda, have just found today that my ancestors James Moy (born about 1804) and his wife Susan/Susanna (nee Kelly) and family were on the New York Packet. I'm descended from their son James and his wife Charlotte Gooch (who was also from Donegal I think but they married in Rockhampton).

I don't have much info on them except they all lived at Raymond Terrace (and seemed to be good breeders).

Just checking if you were ever succesful in finding a passenger list or tying in the Gallen tree?

Many thanks
Sharon

Posted: 22 Jun 2010 1:39AM GMT
Surnames: Gallen Moy
Hi Sharon
Ancestry have this information under Passenger Lists in the Immigration Search function. Let me know if you can't access it.
I have never been able to tie 'my' Gallens to the Moys at Raymond Terrace (as you may have gathered from all the posts on the Gallen and Moy forums). I am still working on it though. I now have a records of William Gallen's marriage to Bridget Moy, and the subseqent birth of Patrick in Killygordon.
There are quite a few family trees on here..but a word of caution..not all the information is correct.
Let me know if I can help in anyway.
Regards
Brenda
ps I was only looking at the Jetstar sale last night thinking hmm only $59 to Newcastle..I could just fly down and do some research over a weekend..had to slap myself around haha..

Posted: 23 Jun 2010 12:41AM GMT
Thanks Brenda, yes found it thanks.

Isn't it strange how locations which never held any interest to you before you find a link all of a sudden get interesting?

Many thanks
Sharon

Posted: 23 Jun 2010 4:22AM GMT
Yes, Sharon very true!
I have found James Moy d.1880 Miller's Forest aged 76 death certificate. Let me know if you would like a copy.
It says his father was John Moy and mother ?Gallagher. He
was married to Susanna Kelly.

Regards
Brenda

Posted: 23 Jun 2010 8:23AM GMT
Thanks Brenda, that would be great thanks! Would you like my email address or are we able to send thru ancestry.com (which I'm new to)?

Best rgds
Sharon

Posted: 23 Jun 2010 10:56PM GMT
Sharon
I don't think I can do an attachment via Ancestry..is it OK for you to supply an email?
Brenda

Posted: 24 Jun 2010 12:20AM GMT
That's fine thanks Brenda. It's sharon_ralph@apl.com

Thanks again!
Sharon

Re: New York Packet

Posted: 8 Aug 2010 10:50PM GMT
Passenger list is here:
http://srwww.records.nsw.gov.au/ebook/list.asp?Page=NRS5316/...

My G G Grandparents, Robert and Ann Boodle (Bodel) and my G Grandfather William Bodle (1.5 yrs) were aboard.
-Michael Lohman, using Joan Gray's account. So don't reply here please. Contact me, if you wish, at mlohman1@optusnet.com.au

Posted: 22 Aug 2010 11:42PM GMT
Surnames: MOY, GOOCH
Hi Sharon
I am descended from the brother (Edward) of Charlotte Gooch, wife of James Moy. I have not been able to find much about the couple except their date of marriage 10 November 1867. Could you fill me in a little on where they lived and their family please? I have 6 children recorded: Margaret 1869, Thomas James 1871, James Walter 1872, William 1876, Eliza Susan 1876, and George 1877.
I have also found a death notice for Charlotte in 1937, she died in Surry Hills.
Regards
Elizabeth
per page

Find a board about a specific topic