Search for content in message boards

Margaret Stark € Jan. 23, 1920

Margaret Stark € Jan. 23, 1920

Posted: 1 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Edited: 24 Jun 2001 11:38PM GMT
Surnames: Schmidt
Mrs. Margaret Stark died at the home of her son, Theodore Stark, 735 State Street at 7:30 o'clock this morning, aged eighty-seven years. Mrs. Stark was born in Germany and came to this country in 1848 settling in Milwaukee. In 1880 she and her husband, Matthias Stark, came to Freedom, where Mrs. Stark lived up to thirtee years ago when she came to Appleton to make her home with her son. Mr. Stark died several years ago. Mrs. Stark is survived by one daughter, Mrs. Ed. Gardner of Freedom and six sons: Michael, Theodore and Ernest of Appleton; Jacob of Des Moines, Iowa; Christ of Evanston, Ill., and Peter of Milwaukee as well as fifty grandchildren, forty-eight great grandchildren and one brother Christ Schmidt of Wausau. Funeral services will be held Monday morning at 9 o'clock at St. Joseph's church. Interment to be made in St. Joseph's cemetery church.
Posted: 1 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Edited: 2 Jan 2004 2:07AM GMT
Surnames: Stark, Heid, Massino, Mick, Schmitz
Have info on Margaret Stark's ancestors and peers. Looking for her parent's (Matthias, b.1810, and Catharina, b. 1811, Schmitz) place and date of death.

Re: Stark

Jim Huiting (View posts)
Posted: 7 Sep 2002 3:52AM GMT
Classification: Query
This is a stretch I know, but here goes:

My mother was a Schmitz.
Her father's (Ray) aunt (Anna Grube) married a Stark (before 1896).
They all lived in Outagamie County, namely Appleton and Apple Creek.

Might there be any connect with your Catharina Schmitz? Catharina (that spelling) appears in several places within the Emmerich (Ray's grandfather) Schmitz family tree.
Plus I have terrible luck tracing the Schmitz family so I'll try at anything.

Posted: 7 Sep 2002 4:11PM GMT
Edited: 2 Jan 2004 2:07AM GMT
My Schmitz came from Orenhofen, Germany in 1848 and went to Milwaukee. His name was Mathias and I traced them back to late 1600's I don't recognize your other names so It must be a different family
His daughter married a Stark and they settled in Appleton and are buried at St. Joseph's Cemetery.
Jack

Re: Stark

Jim Huiting (View posts)
Posted: 7 Sep 2002 10:38PM GMT
Jack
Thanks for the quick reply - you don't always get that.

I see that Orenhofen was in Prussian Rheinland. (at least http://feefhs.org/maps/gerw/gw-rhein.html shows that). My Emmerich Schmitz (1829-1897- an only son family history has it) was, according to Census records, from "Prussia".

He came to the USA before 1860 - Milwaukee - and there married an Elizabeth Flick (c1835-1897) from Baden about 1860. They had a daughter in Milwaukee. They moved to Appleton about 1864 where my g-grandfather John M. Schmitz (and his older sister Ann) was born. Emmerich and Elizabeth ran a tavern (such great relatives :) and later a farm in Appleton. John M Schmitz's (1869-1937) wife, Ida Grube, had a sister Anna who married a Carl Stark(1869-1936) in 1895, probably in Appleton.

And thus the reason I replied to the original message.

Thanks again - and if you ever do see anything on an Emmerich Schmitz..........
Posted: 27 Jan 2013 7:05PM GMT
Hello, I hope you're still watching this board... I am interested in proving your Emmerich Schmitz is related to Mathias Schmitz and his wife Catherine Mick. It seems they are buried right near each other in St. Josephs' cemetery in Appleton, and I am interested in finding all of the Schmitz siblings...

Re: Margaret Stark € Jan. 23, 1920

Posted: 28 Jan 2013 8:50AM GMT
Classification: Biography
Surnames: SCHMITZ, STARK
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions