Search for content in message boards

John and Kate LACEY, family farm in Dundrum area of Co.Tipp.

John and Kate LACEY, family farm in Dundrum area of Co.Tipp.

Posted: 16 Sep 2007 12:50PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Lacey
I am trying to find more information on the above family for my friend Mary Foley. Her grandparents were John Lacey, a farmer and his wife Kate- who's maiden name was also Lacey. The family farm was in the Dundrum area of Co.Tipp. Mary's Mum - Ellen has died recently. Ellen was the last surviving child of John & Kate & she moved to the UK in approx. 1930 where she met & married Joseph Foley & had three children; Chris, Betty & Mary - they lived in the Sale, Cheshire area. I would be grateful if anyone who has any information on the above family to get intouch. Many thanks, Lyn

Re: John and Kate LACEY, family farm in Dundrum area of Co.Tipp.

Posted: 3 Oct 2007 1:45PM GMT
Classification: Biography
Lyn, I think I may be able to help. Catherine Lacy married John Lacy of Bishopswood in Knockavilla on 9th February 1895. She was the daughter of Michael Lacy & Catherine Walsh of Silverhill (I think). John Lacy was a son of a John Lacy and I believe that he may have been a son in turn of John Lacy & Winifred Farrell of Attybrick. I have just finished putting together a fairly comprehensive Lacy family tree for a book which is going to be published in Cashel on 19th October on Dinny Lacy. Contact me off list at golly.31.foxy@ntlworld.com and I will forward what I have to you,

Regards,

Joan

Re: John and Kate LACEY, family farm in Dundrum area of Co.Tipp.

Posted: 10 Jan 2013 9:50PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Lacey
Hi Lynn and Joan,

My wife, Orla, is the grand niece of Mary Foleys mother and would be really grateful if you might be able to get in touch as I am putting together their family tree. Orlas mother is May.

You can get me at domgriff@gmail.com

Thanks,

Dom
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions