Search for content in message boards

made a correction to my line and now DNA connection stops at my 3rd grandather ***Resolved

made a correction to my line and now DNA connection stops at my 3rd grandather ***Resolved

Posted: 19 Mar 2013 5:39PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 19 Mar 2013 6:14PM GMT
errrr, I am not sure how this broke but i was making a correction to my tree with info about my uncles in the mid 1800's. somehow this broke my DNA link to all of my grandfathers starting at my 3rd grandfather. anybody have any ideas?

***EDIT***
I fixed it. i saw that you can remove the results so i did and reapplied the results and now everything is as it should be.

Re: made a correction to my line and now DNA connection stops at my 3rd grandather

Posted: 19 Mar 2013 5:47PM GMT
"somehow this broke my DNA link to all of my grandfathers starting at my 3rd grandfather."

Can you elaborate on this statement? I'm not clear just what happened.

Re: made a correction to my line and now DNA connection stops at my 3rd grandather

Posted: 19 Mar 2013 6:02PM GMT
We found some errors that needed to be fixed. In order to make the corrections i had to delete some family members and make the adjustments by adding them back in with the correct information. these corrections were changing who my 4th grandfather married so I had to adjust names dates. The issue was that i had him married the wrong sister and the dates on those sisters was wrong.

i made the corrections but that broke the DNA link i have with my grandfathers, and the number of hints dropped to like 1 or none.

Posted: 19 Mar 2013 6:28PM GMT
I think we're dealing with semantics.

Nothing you do to your tree can affect your DNA.

It sounds like you've broken some links in your tree. Assuming this is correct you'll need to reestablish the link from the grandparent you were editing to the child that you're descended from.

Unfortunately I work through my FTM software so I can't give you any more detail than the above as to how to actually reestablish the links.

Posted: 19 Mar 2013 6:50PM GMT
Yes, I have the same confusion. What do you mean exactly by saying your DNA "connection" was broken?

Your paper tree doesn't really show a DNA connection unless you place it in the notes or something on the paper tree.

Maybe, I'm confused.

Posted: 19 Mar 2013 7:05PM GMT
the annotation at the bottom. see attached screen capture.

issue is resolved.
Attachments:
per page

Find a board about a specific topic