Search for content in message boards

Hall-KY-L discussion list

Hall-KY-L discussion list

Patricia Hall (View posts)
Posted: 16 Oct 2002 3:27AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hall
Just letting you all know that there is a new discussion list for Hall, titled Hall-KY-L@rootsweb.com

Stephen Hall, b Jun 1847, d Feb 1927, m1 Elizabeth Hamon 4 Apr 1867, m2 Rachel Singleton 22 Feb 1904, Magoffin Co, KY

Posted: 21 Oct 2002 12:42PM GMT
Surnames: Hall, Hamon, Singleton
For 40 yrs we have searched for Stephen Hall born (from 1900 census) Jun 1847. Died Feb 1927. He married (1) 4 Apr 1867 Magoffin Co, KY to Elizabeth HAMON, md (2) 22 Feb 1904 Magoffin Co, KY to Rachel Singleton. The first record we have found for him is the first marriage. We have lots of info on both wives and his children:
William M. Hall b Jan 1868
Joseph Silas Hall b 3 Apr 1874
James Milton Hall b 29 Sep 1877
Lucinda Hall b 30 Nov 1882
Ketura Hall b 17 May 1910
Mannon Hall b ca 1911
Junie Hall b ca 1919
No birth or death records are on file for Stephen Hall. He never owned land. He was a tenant farmer. Years ago we talked to people who knew him but got no more info to help us.
We have not been able to find him in 1850 or 1860 census. In desperation we made a card file of every HALL in 1850 KY census. If you would like me to look up someone for you, I will try to help you.
Any help with our stumbling stone will be appreciated

Ephraim P. Hall, b 1845, Carter Co., KY

GD Hall (View posts)
Posted: 25 Oct 2002 11:02PM GMT
Hi Virginia,

I've been looking for info on my gggrandfather, Ephraim P. Hall. He is said to have been born in Carter County KY in 1845. I don't know for sure, but I suspect he may be the son of John W. Hall and wife Sena (or possibly Senia, Cena). If you could look this up for me, I'd be forever greatful.

Thanks and good luck in your search.

GD Hall

Stephen Hall, Shelby Co., KY

Posted: 3 Sep 2003 3:04AM GMT
Edited: 8 Dec 2005 10:02PM GMT
Hi Virginia.. welcome to the Hall search. I have 3,000 Halls and all the records from 7 counties but not the one you have.
Mine are Bourbon, Montgomery, Powell, Estill, Madison, Clark, some in Fayette. The only Stephen I have is early 1800 and went to Shelby Co. Ky. Have you checked the Floyd Co. website? Someone has done a lot of research in that area.

Fayette, Bourbon Cos., KY Hall Family Research

B Steele (View posts)
Posted: 2 Oct 2003 2:42AM GMT
Surnames: Brown, Foster, Hall, Harbourt, McFarlan, McFarland, Offut, Poulter, Snider, Snyder, Stratton, Ward, Webster
Of your 3000 Halls do you by chance have the ancestors for the following. Fayette, Bourbon Counties would be the best bet for finding them.
This is what I know:
1. ?2 HALL (?1)

Children of ? HALL are:

2. i. JAMES ALBERT3 HALL, b. January 12, 1848, Shelby Co. Kentucky; d. March 23, 1914, Indiana.

3. ii. WILLIAM M. HALL, b. Abt. 1840, Kentucky.

Generation No. 2

2. JAMES ALBERT3 HALL (?2, ?1) was born January 12, 1848 in Shelby Co. Kentucky, and died March 23, 1914 in Indiana. He married MARTHA ANN WEBSTER. She was born January 22, 1850 in Possibly Simpsonville, Ky, and died July 09, 1899.

More About JAMES ALBERT HALL:

Burial: Flat Rock Cemetery, Shelby County, Kentucky

Occupation: After 1910, worked at Livery Stable in Indiana until his death in 1914

More About MARTHA ANN WEBSTER:

Cause of Death (Facts Pg): Cerebral Hemorrage

Children of JAMES HALL and MARTHA WEBSTER are:

i. LULIE IDA4 HALL, b. 1877, Kentucky; d. December 26, 1963, Jefferson County, Kentucky; m. JOSEPH PATTON HALL, September 16, 1896, Clark County, Indiana; b. March 13, 1869, St. Joseph Missouri; d. November 14, 1945, Kentucky.

More About LULIE IDA HALL:

Burial: Floydsburg Cemetery, Oldham Co. KY

More About JOSEPH PATTON HALL:

Cause of Death (Facts Pg): Hung himself in the barn.

More About JOSEPH HALL and LULIE HALL:

Marriage: September 16, 1896, Clark County, Indiana

ii. JAMES C HALL, b. June 06, 1881; d. 11-21-1900.

iii. ADDIE HALL, m. ALEX MCFARLAND.

More About ADDIE HALL:

More About ALEX MCFARLAND:

Residence: Bought the 40 acres that is the present farm in 1916. Built the original barn in 1911

Stepson: Alex was stepson to Dr. Harbitt

3. WILLIAM M.3 HALL (?2, ?1) was born Abt. 1840 in Kentucky. He married NANCY J.. She was born Abt. 1849 in Kentucky.

Notes for WILLIAM M. HALL:

Uncle Roy Hall grandson of James Albert Hall related to his nephew Carroll Steele that his grandpa James Albert Hall had a brother named Moot or Moat who settled in Benson KY, Franklin County. Uncle Moot/Moat had children named Carrie, Laura, Minnie, Irvin, Albert and Ben. I do not know why Minnie and Laura were not in the following Info. I found the following info on Uncle Moot or what I believe to be Uncle Moot/Moat. 1880 Census for Benson, Franklin, Kentucky. FHL Film 1254414 National Archives Film T9-0414 page 308A:

William M. Hall Head of Household age 40 b. KY

Nancy J. Hall Wife age 29 b. KY

Carrie Hall Dau age 8 b. KY

William O. Hall Son age 6 b. KY

Albert W. Hall Son age 4 b. KY

Benjamin F. Son age 2 b. KY

Children of WILLIAM HALL and NANCY J. are:

i. CARRIE4 HALL, b. Abt. 1872.

ii. LAURA HALL.

iii. ALBERT W. HALL, b. Abt. 1874.

iv. BENJAMIN F. HALL, b. Abt. 1878.

v. IRVIN HALL, b. Aft. 1880.

vi. MINNIE HALL.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
1. HALL1 was born in Kentucky.

Children of HALL are:

2. i. JOHN2 HALL, b. July 05, 1834, Kentucky; d. July 23, 1907, Kentucky.

3. ii. SUSAN HALL, b. May 1836, Kentucky.

Generation No. 2

2. JOHN2 HALL (HALL1) was born July 05, 1834 in Kentucky, and died July 23, 1907 in Kentucky. He married SARAH ELIZABETH SNYDER September 22, 1861 in Cooper County Missouri, daughter of GEORGE SNIDER and REBECCA FOSTER. She was born September 07, 1836 in Kentucky, and died August 28, 1916 in Kentucky.

More About JOHN HALL:

Residence: Raised on Aiken Rd. the old Hall place.

Notes for SARAH ELIZABETH SNYDER:

According to Uncle Roy Hall, Sarah was born and raised in Anderson County near Graffenburg. Her father was a Veteran of the Civil War.

More About SARAH ELIZABETH SNYDER:

Marriage Notes for JOHN HALL and SARAH SNYDER:

This is not documented, however, I am waiting for the marriage record. I found this marriage on the internet, just seems like it has to be them. Right time frame and exact names. I know that Joseph Hall was born in Missouri. Received the marriage record, but the only names in the record were those of Sarah and John. Until I find records of a different marriage date in a different place, this will stand as undocumented.

More About JOHN HALL and SARAH SNYDER:

Marriage: September 22, 1861, Cooper County Missouri

Children of JOHN HALL and SARAH SNYDER are:

i. JOSEPH PATTON3 HALL, b. March 13, 1869, St. Joseph Missouri; d. November 14, 1945, Kentucky; m. LULIE IDA HALL, September 16, 1896, Clark County, Indiana; b. 1877, Kentucky; d. December 26, 1963, Jefferson County, Kentucky.

More About JOSEPH PATTON HALL:

Cause of Death (Facts Pg): Hung himself in the barn.

More About LULIE IDA HALL:

More About JOSEPH HALL and LULIE HALL:

Marriage: September 16, 1896, Clark County, Indiana

ii. EDWARD HALL, b. Abt. 1872; m. (1) BETTY BROWN.

More About EDWARD HALL:

Burial: Flat Rock Cemetery, Jefferson County, Kentucky

More About BETTY BROWN:

iii. JEFFERSON HALL, b. Abt. 1865; m. BETT STRATTON.

Notes for JEFFERSON HALL:

Jefferson and his wife Bett Stratton lived in Portland in Louisville KY.

More About JEFFERSON HALL:

Burial: Cave Hill Cemetery, Louisville, KY

Namenicknam: Jeffrey

Occupation: Worked for the L & N railroad and Scanlon Coal Company

iv. GEORGE HALL, b. Abt. 1868; m. ELLA POULTER.

More About GEORGE HALL:

Burial: Middletown Cemetery

More About ELLA POULTER:

Burial: Cemetery

v. CHARLES HALL, b. 1875; d. 1909.

Notes for CHARLES HALL:

Uncle Roy Hall said that he died in 1909 when he fell from scaffolding while painting. He never married.

More About CHARLES HALL:

vi. JOHN HALL, b. Abt. 1865.

More About JOHN HALL:

Cause of Death (Facts Pg): Died at the age of 18 or 19 of Typhoid Fever

vii. HALLIE HALL, b. Abt. 1863; d. 1938; m. DUKE OFFUT.

More About HALLIE HALL:

Burial: Frankfort Cemetery

Notes for DUKE OFFUT:

According to Uncle Roy Hall Hallie and Duke lived at 1328 Olive St. at Dumineil in Louisville, KY after they were married. Duke was a police officer and was killed when he was hit by a bus at the train depot on Fourth Street in Louisville, KY.

More About DUKE OFFUT:

Burial: Frankfort Cemetery

3. SUSAN2 HALL (HALL1) was born May 1836 in Kentucky. She married THOMAS WARD. He was born Abt. 1823 in Kentucky.

Notes for THOMAS WARD:

Uncle Roy Hall related that his grandfather John Hall had a sister Susan Hall who married a Ward. The info on the Thomas Ward family was found in the 1880 census Floydsburg, Oldham Kentucky:

GHLFilm 1254437 National Archives Film T9-0437 page 66C

Thomas Ward age 57 b. KY

Susan Ward wife age 53 b. KY

Ida Ward Dau age 17 b. KY

Child of SUSAN HALL and THOMAS WARD is:

i. IDA3 WARD, b. Abt. 1863.
Thanks for your time

Brenda

John Hall & Rachel Ashcraft, Madison Co., KY

Patricia Hall (View posts)
Posted: 5 Oct 2003 3:18AM GMT
Surnames: Ashcraft, Hall
I see you have records for Madison co. Ky.
What do you have for John and Rachel Ashcraft Hall? and their children!

John and Rachel were my husbands 5th g.grandparents.

Thanks Pat

Moses Hall came to KY 1780, Shelby Co., KY

Posted: 7 Oct 2003 10:25AM GMT
Edited: 30 Oct 2005 11:07PM GMT
The History of Shelby County Kentucky by George L. Willis, Sr. published in 1929 and a Hertiage reprint gives some basic information about Moses Hall.
Page 168:
"Moses Hall was married September 4, 1784 to Isabelle Stevenson, daughter of Thomas Stevenson of Lincoln County, Ky."

I am "not" related to Moses Hall, but did research to find if he might be related to me. The area of Kentucky for your Hall family may connect to Moses Hall. Moses Hall was a Presbyterian.

Best wishes in your search.

Re: Moses Hall came to KY 1780, Shelby Co., KY

B Steele (View posts)
Posted: 7 Oct 2003 2:14PM GMT
Surnames: Hall Steel
Thanks for the info. For some time, I have wondered if Moses could be the link I am looking for. I will delve into his descendants a little more.
Brenda

Posted: 8 Oct 2003 12:20AM GMT
Edited: 30 Oct 2005 11:07PM GMT
Moses Hall was Presbyterian and for the time-period of 1780 this would mean that Moses was Scotch-Irish. What this translates to is that they migrated from northern Ireland to America. They were from Scotland or northern England, but had lived in northern Ireland for a ...... long time.

In 1780, Moses Hall would have come to present day Kentucky by way of the Ohio River or Daniel Boone's Wilderness Road.

Moses Hall seems to be the key pioneer Hall in Shelby Co., KY.

Brenda (View posts)
Posted: 8 Oct 2003 1:35AM GMT
Surnames: Hall Steel
If Moses was in KY by 1780, then that would have been either Jefferson County KY or Kentucky Co VA, correct? Do you have the names of any of his descendants? Thanks a bunch.
Brenda
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions