Search for content in message boards

MCGOWAN, LOGUE of Donegal

MCGOWAN, LOGUE of Donegal

M. Scott (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jul 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 8 Sep 2006 3:21PM GMT
Surnames: MCGOWAN, LOGUE
Looking for information on the Charles and Mary (Logue) McGowan family. Mary was born aprox. 1811 and died in US in 1891. They had 12 children, all of whom were born in Donegal. The children were: Hugh m to Mary McCarron; Charles, Anthony, John m to Annie ?; Michael, Francis, ?; ?; ? m to Daniel Carney; Susan m to John Daley; Mary m to William Paterson; James m to Catherine ?; and William m to Maria McKeever. The father died, date unknown and the rest of the family immigrated to the Youngstown, Ohio USA area between the years of 1860 and 1867. William was around 13 years old when he left Ireland, but many of the older siblings married in Ireland and already had children before they left.

LOGUE of Donegal

Kim (View posts)
Posted: 5 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 14 Sep 2006 4:29PM GMT
Surnames: Logue
I have a very accurate history of a John Logue who left Donegal Ireland at age 13. He was born 1757, became a sailor and left Ireland at 13. He married a woman named Mary Sproull. They had 10 children. He deserted the Irish Navy, and eventually settled in Pensylvania. I have the history from 1757 to the present, if you'd be interested. I hope this helps.

information on logue ansestors

Patricia Weldon(Logue) (View posts)
Posted: 16 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: logue
Any Information would be apprciated I think my grandfather was named John .I know he lived in Philadelphia and came over from irland I do not know my grandmothers name but I am going to search the death records for Penn.

Re: LOGUE of Donegal

Posted: 21 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 14 Sep 2006 4:29PM GMT
Surnames: Patrick Logue
My great grandfather Patrick Logue was born in Carrigart, County Donegal in 1843. He went to America in 1860. Looking for family that stayed in Ireland.

Patrick Logue

Posted: 4 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 1 Nov 2001 2:02AM GMT
Wondering if Patrick had a son name Owen? My records indicate that Patrick came to Woburn, MA when he about 14 (1858 or so). He came from Donegal County and his parent's names were James and Bridget. Any information on this would be most helpful especially hometown in Ireland. Thanks.

Posted: 20 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 14 Sep 2006 4:30PM GMT
I have record of a James Logue, Coolcross, Clonmany Donegal, born c. 1841;parents were James and Bridget. Source: PRO Belfast Claims for Old Age Pensions.
Terry

Posted: 7 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 14 Sep 2006 4:30PM GMT
Surnames: Logue, Corr
I have an extensive family tree for the Corr/Logue family but I can only trace as far as the first immigrants from Ireland to Philadelphia. John J. Logue Jr.(1847-1927) was born in Philadelphia and married Margaret A. Corr (1855-1925 also Philadelphia). The rest of their offspring were born in Philadelphia also. If anyone has any information on John's parents I would greatly appreciate it! John's father (John J. Logue Sr.) was born in 1805 in Donegal.

Re: LOGUE of Donegal - Corrs of Roscommon/Mayo

Niall Corr (View posts)
Posted: 28 Feb 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 14 Sep 2006 4:31PM GMT
Surnames: Corr
I am researching my family history who are dotted all round Connaught (Longford, Leitrim, Roscommon, Mayo) and would welcome any details you may have on the Corrs.
My particular thread all seem to have their first born male named George, and their first girl Teresa or Nora

Re: John Logue

Posted: 12 Aug 2001 11:36AM GMT
Edited: 25 Aug 2001 9:37PM GMT
I have just recently started with my family tree, and was reading the message board from Kim back in March 1999. I believe we came from Donegal, Ireland. Could you please let me know if in your records there is a Hezekiah Logue from Hyndman, PA? Or a Catherine Logue Mock from Bedford, PA?

Re: John Logue

Posted: 21 Aug 2001 4:35PM GMT
Edited: 1 Jan 2002 2:38PM GMT
I would be very interested in your History of John Logue. You may contact me at
nelllogue@texoma.net (note the 3 "l"s in the address.

Nell
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions