Search for content in message boards

WOLKOWSKI,CHALUPIAK,NAKONECZNY

WOLKOWSKI,CHALUPIAK,NAKONECZNY

Posted: 17 Jul 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 8 Jun 2006 11:52AM GMT
Surnames: WOLKOWSKI, CHALUPIAK, NAKONECZNY
I am searching for information on the names WOLKOWSKI,CHALUPIAK,and NAKONECZNY who lived in Galicia while it was under Austrian rule.
Thank you,Joseph Wolkowski

Re: WOLKOWSKI,CHALUPIAK,NAKONECZNY

Posted: 13 Oct 2003 2:33PM GMT
Surnames: Chalupiak
I am looking for information regarding my grandparents, Fred and Mary Chalupiak, who settled in Preeceville, Saskatchewan sometime in the early 1900's. They immigrated from Chekow(?), Russia. I believe my grandfather had several brothers: Ivan, Winifro, Petro, Varvara, and Hilushka. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Joe Wolkowski (View posts)
Posted: 13 Oct 2003 3:00PM GMT
Thank you for your reply.
My grandfather was Ivan, Winifro was my uncle and Varvara was my mother. If you send me your e-mail address, I will send more information as there are some Chalupiak descendants who are working on their family history.
Hope to hear from you soon.
Joe

Posted: 15 Nov 2003 7:21PM GMT
Hello. My great-great grandfather was Ivan Chalupiak. My grandparents lived in Preeceville until recently and some of the family still lives in the area, my father lived there until he was married, so I am also in the area quite often. I see that Joe has already left a message for you. Joe and I have been in contact, however I would be more than happy to hear from you. You can email me at mfedje@hotmail.com and we can exchange some information. I look forward to hearing from you.

Chechow, Russia???

Mighthelp (View posts)
Posted: 4 Jun 2006 6:50PM GMT
Fred (anglicized from either Teodor or Fedor) & Mary (Marya) Chalupiak, Canadian Immigrants from Chechow, Russia.

From late 18th century to 1921 village Chekhov > Vohlynskaya Gubernaya/Region> Czarist Russia/Bolshovik Russia. 1921-1939 region came under Reconstituted Poland's domain. Post WW2 until 1991 it was part of the Soviet Union.

TODAY selo/village Chekhiv (coordinates 49.42 - 22.16) > Horokhivskij raion/district > Vohlynska Oblast/Region > Western Ukraine > latest zip code is 45741.

There are other same named villages in Ukraine, but at the turn of the century these would have been located in Galicia/Halychyna, administered by ethnic Poles for the Austro-Hungarian Empire. Any emigrants from this province would have been considered Austrian citizens coming from Austria.

Chalupiak Family used Hamburg as exit port

Mighthelp (View posts)
Posted: 4 Jun 2006 7:00PM GMT
Fedor Chalupiak (dob appx 1867/1868) and Marie Chalupiak (dob 1879/1880) used Hamburg as exit port. Documentaion can be obtained online.

COULD YOUR ANCESTORS HAVE EMIGRATED THROUGH THE PORT OF HAMBURG?
http://linktoyourroots.hamburg.de/ltyr/index.html

Posted: 8 Jun 2006 11:56AM GMT
Hello Joseph,

although your original query is quite old meanwhile, I have moved it from Austria-General over here where it seems to belong - Austria-Hungary. I see you have posted to other appropriate boards too so it's a duplication, but loosing the information in this thread won't do any good.

The Austria General board is for queries relating to Austria of today, not any of the old empire's successor states or any other country.

My apologies for any inconvenience this move may cause.

Tilman Brandl
[Message Board Administrator Austria-General]

Posted: 25 Dec 2012 2:12AM GMT
Classification: Birth
Surnames: Nakoneczny
Hello, I am looking at Roman Catholic Church microfilm (Film No. 2395676) records for Drohobycz, Galizien, Austria. I noticed one Nakoneczny (27Nov1885) birth record and have attached a copy. Hopefully it helps.
Attachments:
per page

Find a board about a specific topic