Search for content in message boards

John H Mitchell and Nancy P

John H Mitchell and Nancy P

Posted: 19 Jun 2011 3:15PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Mitchell, Wootten, Cumbey
Looking for John H Mitchell married to woman named Nancy P.

John H Mitchell, Born 1804 or abt.

Nancy P Mitchell, Born 1816 or abt.

Need Nancy P maiden name. Looking for other info.
Census shows they lived in the Clover Hill District of Appomattox, VA. One of the Children, Nancy Frances Ocee Ola Mithchell, married a Samuel J Cumby or Cumbey. One son John W Mitchell, married a woman Judith C Martin and they lived in Halifax.

Any information regarding John H Mitchell and Nancy P would be greatly appreciated.

E-Mail sg123habel@verizon.net

Sylvia C Habel

Re: John H Mitchell and Nancy P

Posted: 11 Feb 2013 2:31AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Wooten, Wootten, Wooton, Wootton, Mitchell, Moses
Sylvia,

I have a hunch that your Nancy P. Mitchell's maiden name just may have been Wooten, Wootton, or something like that. The reason I say that is that I have been searching for Mary/Polly/Pollie Wooten, who I find living in the home of John H. Mitchell and his wife Nancy. Mary/Polly/Pollie Wooten was the wife of Simon Wooten, and the daughter of Peter Moses and his first wife Margaret. Peter Moses is my direct ancestor, though I descend from Peter's second wife.

The only reason I can guess for Mary Wooten to be living with Nancy Mitchell during the 1850, 1860, and 1870 census enumerations would be if Mary were Nancy's mother.

Mary/Polly/Pollie Moses Wooten was born in 1791 in probably Buckingham County, VA and died June 30, 1882 in Appomattox County, VA. She appears to have had a son named John H. Wooten.

Other spellings I have seen for the Wooten surname are Wootten, Wooton and Wootton.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions