Search for content in message boards

Battees or Battice and Clemish

Battees or Battice and Clemish

Posted: 12 Sep 2009 8:04PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Clemish, Battice, Battees, Guibord
Looking for information on Emma Battice. Was married to Joseph Battice. She had a daughter Margaret or Marjorie Clemish bor August 30,1923 in Stone Lake or Park Falls Wisconsin. We are trying to locate her birth certificate and whether she may have been adopted. They lived on the Reservation.

Re: Battees or Battice and Clemish

Posted: 12 Sep 2009 8:41PM GMT
With Indian births, deaths, etc., it is best to contact the Tribal Counsel. Natives are traced through their mothers so Contact Lac Courte Oreilles Tribal Counsel at Hayward, WI. 54843 & ask for possible birth records or parentage. You may have better luck than through the courthouse. IF you need someone to check the courthouse, I get up that way sometimes. My email is musiclady54728@live.com if you want to contact me offline.
Rosemarie

Posted: 12 Sep 2009 8:52PM GMT
Thank you

Posted: 23 Mar 2013 2:08AM GMT
I have records that show Emma Guibord Battice/Battees married joseph Battice Then married a Jack Clemish with Jack Clemish Emma had a daughter Majorie Clemish Matteson born 1924.

Posted: 23 Mar 2013 2:46AM GMT
Surnames: Battees, Corbine
Sawyer Couny Record Nov. 1, 1951
Mrs. Emma Battees, age 65, passed away at Beloit on Thursday, Oct. 25, following a long illness. She was born May 10, 1886, at Reserve, WI. Her husband preceded her in death in 1949

Mrs. Battees is survived by two sons, Lawrence of Janesville and Ira of Haward; four daughters, Mrs. Lucy Ruppert and Mrs. Adeline Miller of Beloit, Mrs. Majorie Mattson of Pontiac, MI, and Mrs. Hazel Gouge of Stone Lake, WI; one brother Alec Corbine of Pontiac, MI.

Funeral services were conducted from the St. Solanus Mission Church at Reserve, with Father Inglehard officiating. Interment followed in St. Solanus cemetery. Koerpel Funeral Home was in charge of arrangements.

Posted: 24 Mar 2013 4:44PM GMT
Surnames: Battees, Battice and Clemish (Clamesch)
Thank you Karen. You have put the pieces together I have been trying to locate. Now I have to find out about Emma's husband.

Posted: 24 Mar 2013 4:47PM GMT
Surnames: Battees, Battice and Clemish (Clamesch)
Is it possible for me to ask you if I could have a copy of those records. The family here has been trying to locate them for a long time. Thanks.

Posted: 25 Mar 2013 11:01PM GMT
Jodster that would be great if we could get copies of them. Let me know. Thanks

Posted: 25 Mar 2013 11:17PM GMT
I am Adeline Battice or Battee Clemish Millers grandaughter.
I have started this research for my mother who only new her
mother until she was five and then her and her other siblings were taken away. I have an aunt Margie who is rumored to be named after the women you are looking for.
I don't have anything more for information than a family history outline that was given to my mother in about 2004.
She recieved it from the Indian Affairs department. I don't know if this would be helpful, but if you would like copies I can provide them. The interesting thing about it is that it is titled family outline for Irene Emma charette Clumb born 8/10/1899 died 3/29/1981. IrishKatie 50- are you a relative?

Posted: 25 Mar 2013 11:28PM GMT
Surnames: Battees, Battice, Guibord, Clemish
I am not a relative but my husband is. He is Louis Anthony Matteson son of Carl John Matteson and Marjorie Emma Matteson. Majorie was Emma's daughter by Jack Clemish (various spellings we found)
per page

Find a board about a specific topic