Search for content in message boards

Thomas Elliott b. 1 Nov 1654, Perquimans Co., NC

Thomas Elliott b. 1 Nov 1654, Perquimans Co., NC

Posted: 9 Jul 2012 7:16PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Elliott
I am at a brick wall on Thomas. He married 1. Margaret Sarah Toms. 2. Margaret Winslow. I think his father is Joseph born abt 1630, England. His research on internet is a "MESS". Can not tell which wife is mother of his children as people have them listed as children of both Thomas' wives. Thomas is my 7th G-g grandfather Any help is apprichated.
Bob

Re: Thomas Elliott b. 1 Nov 1654, Perquimans Co., NC

Posted: 10 Jul 2012 2:52PM GMT
Do you have proof of birthdate? My line through Thomas Jr. and Mary Morgan (as he was liberated to wed Mary on 5 Apr 1723)-Joseph-Dempsey-Foster-Stephen-Royal-Hattie Pearl

Posted: 10 Jul 2012 7:00PM GMT
If you can check the dates of the marriages, then the dates of the children when born. You might be able to check the marriage records if you know where Thomas Elliott was married. If you know where he is buried you might be able to get info from the tombstones or cemetery records. On the Census records it would be harder as back then they only had head of household and how many males and females in a certain age range. Hope this helps you to narrow your search. Also look to see if you can find Thomas Elliott's Will or copy of his will as this will also help.

Posted: 11 Jul 2012 1:05PM GMT
I do not have any personal proof. I got the name information from a Susan C. Griffin post on http://ncgenweb.us/nc/perquimans/the-elliott-family/
It list the John Eliot families. I think this is from a 1931 book listing the Elliott family tree. I do not have access to it. The birth dates come from rootsweb.com articles. I also have Thomas Elliott jr; 2nd spouse Ann Wilson with no children. This also came from internet articles. Thanks for the names of his children. I do not have any children listed. If you have more on the family please send to me at rruth23@cfl.rr.com

Bob

Posted: 11 Feb 2013 9:23PM GMT
Surnames: ELLIOTT, SMITH
I have Dempsey ELLIOTT 1755-1894, Perquimans Cty, NC married to Rachel SMITH born abt 1750 - ?. Their son was Foster who in turn had a son Stephen. Dempsey seems to have died young and Rachel might have remarried? Are our Dempsey's the same one and do you have any info on Rachel? Thanks. Mary

Posted: 12 Feb 2013 3:07PM GMT
I have the following information, which I believe to be correct. Parents of Rachel Smith are Samuel SMITH and Leah JORDAN--From Perquiman Hist. Soc. Yr. Book 1977--Sam's will probated Apr term of court 1789; Leah, wife, admin....
Leah's will (same source) probated Aug term of court 1797; Mordecai Elliott, admin. brother in law

Posted: 14 Feb 2013 9:28PM GMT
Surnames: ELLIOTT; SMITH.
I have her parents names. Do you have a date of Rachel's death, where and if she remarried?
thanks. Mary

Posted: 14 Feb 2013 9:52PM GMT
Classification: Biography
I have nothing on her parents.

Bob
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions