Search for content in message boards

The HEADD family Kiloran Ballinasloe

The HEADD family Kiloran Ballinasloe

Posted: 17 Sep 2008 2:11PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Headd
Any information about this family name appreciated, if you know anyone with the name, any stories. My grandpa was John Headd born in Kiloran 1924. I know he was the 7th son of the 7th son so there must be a lot of Headds out there, I just want to piece the whole picture together i.e his siblings, who they married, their children, his parents, their siblings. Im only interested in Headd with 2 d's not 1.

Rebecca Headd

Re: The HEADD family Kiloran Ballinasloe

Posted: 21 Oct 2008 2:42AM GMT
I have been trying to locate info on the Headd family for awhile. I have not found anything. My great great grandmother Theresa Headd Kelly came over from Ireland in 1901. If I ever locate anything I am willing to share.

Posted: 24 Feb 2010 5:34PM GMT
Want to make sure you have my email: gunning@dartmouth.edu
I previously posted w/o giving it.
Brendan Gunning

Posted: 28 Apr 2013 8:49AM GMT
Hi, Just noticed your post when I was doing a search online.

I'm one of the Headd family located in the West of Ireland.
Do you know what part of Ireland your great great grandmother came from?

Posted: 8 Aug 2013 1:43AM GMT
I'm searching for information on Mary Headd born in the early 1800s in or about Derrybrien, Loughrea, Galway. She married Martin Slattery of Derrybrien. Mary and Martin would be my g-g-grandpartents. Any information would be appreciated. I can be reached by email at pfmoran@comcast.net

Posted: 8 Aug 2013 3:31AM GMT
She was from County Galway, Derrybrien is what is listed on her immigration papers.

Posted: 9 Aug 2013 6:13PM GMT
Surnames: Headd Slattery
Thank you for the response. Seems like we are interested in the same Headd family as Derrybrien is so small. Here is a link to Derrybrien Graveyard Headstone Inscriptions that shows some entries for Headd and Kelly familys that may help your research:
http://www.clarelibrary.ie/eolas/coclare/genealogy/don_tran/...

I'm afraid that is the extent of my Headd family information. My guestimate for Mary's birth is 1815-1820. Please keep me posted of any info you obtain and I'll do the same. Thank you.

Posted: 14 Aug 2013 6:48AM GMT
Edited: 14 Aug 2013 6:51AM GMT
I have tried for years to locate information on the Headds and Kellys of Derrybrien. I have Theresa's parents names because of her death certificate but that's as far as I can get.

Posted: 27 Aug 2013 2:50PM GMT
Edited: 25 Aug 2014 5:42PM GMT
My maiden name is Headd and my granddad is one of the Baillinasloe (Galway) Headds. He is long dead, but my dad (also Michael, sisters Bernadette and Margaret) is still in contact with a lot of the relatives in Galway. I stumbled over this discussion googling for some information on the origin of our surname, I'll find out some more information about the family and will paste it here.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic