Search for content in message boards

George J Warren - Nova Scotica - Glace Bay

George J Warren - Nova Scotica - Glace Bay

Posted: 2 Jan 2011 3:01AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: warren,

I am looking for any information on a George J Warren.
I have very little information to go on.

All the information I have is,

George J Warren had 3 step children.
Passed away at General Hospital, Cape Briton.

Below is two articles I found;

WARREN
we the family of the late George J Warren who passed away on Dec 18 extend our thanks to Dr.J.O. MacNeil, staff of general hospital Rev.Fr.McEachen and Rev Fr Marsh
thanks to MsGillivary staff

PARSON:
On behalf of my brother, sister and myself, I extend our thanks to these people who sent sympathy cards and messages to my home during the recent death of my step-father, the late Mr.George J. Warren: The Hon Layton Fergusson; Mrs.Anna Herrmann, Hespeler, O n t.: Mr. and Mrs. Prima Rigo and family, Port aux B a s q u e s, Nfld.; Mr. and Mrs. Melvin MacDonald, Glace Bay; Mr. Leo McIntrye, our friends and relatives who expressed their sympathy and to all his old friends who attended the Mass and graveside services we are deeply grateful.
SINGED
Mrs.Arthur Parsons

This is all the information I have.

Any information would be very helpful!!

Thank you,

Re: George J Warren - Nova Scotica - Glace Bay

Posted: 2 Jan 2011 5:52AM GMT
Surnames: WARREN, PARSONS
Hi,

Do you have any idea of the year he died? Age? Could this be him, born around 1892?

http://automatedgenealogy.com/

1911 Census of Canada

Home / 1911 / Nova Scotia / Cape Breton South / 20 Glace Bay Town / page 17 split view

3 150 Warren George L M Head M May 1858 53
4 150 Warren Mary J F Wife M Aug 1871 39
5 150 Warren Lucy F Daughter S Apr 1891 20
6 150 Warren George J M Son S Aug 1892 18 <<<<<<<<<
7 150 Warren Dan J M Son S Nov 1894 16
8 150 Warren Hector L M Son S Apr 1899 12
9 150 Warren Charles M Son S Apr 1902 9
10 150 Warren James M Son S Aug 1903 7
11 150 Warren Christina F Daughter S Sep 1906 4
12 150 Warren Margaret F Daughter S Sep 1910 8/12

A site to check:

http://www.capebretongenweb.com/

http://www.capebretongenweb.com/CBIOBITS/qryindex.htm

Cape Breton Post published 17/07/2009

Arthur Parsons obituary (predeased by wife Clementine, possible step-daughter to George J Warren ???)

Born at Glace Bay , Nova Scotia , Canada

Arthur J. Parsons 82, of Dominion Street, passed away on Tuesday, July 14, 2009 at the Glace Bay Healthcare Complex.
Born in Glace Bay, he was a son of the late Joseph and Rachel Parsons.
Art served with the Canadian Armed Forces and was a member of Branch 40, Royal Canadian Legion. Returning to Glace Bay in 1955, he worked with Devco in 20, 26 and Lingan.
Art is survived by his children, Jimmy (Laura), Elizabeth, Theresa (Doug) and Mary (Fred), all of Glace Bay; four grandchildren; three great grandchildren and many other close relatives.
He was predeceased by his wife Clementine; son, Alfie and three children in infancy.
Cremation has taken place under the care and direction of Curry’s Funeral Home. Funeral Liturgy of the Word will be celebrated today (Friday) in St. Anthony’s Church with burial in the parish cemetery.
Donations may be made to the Lung Association or charity of choice

Another site to try:

https://www.novascotiagenealogy.com/

Posted: 2 Jan 2011 5:56PM GMT
Surnames: Warren, Parsons
I know nothing else about him. The only thing additional is that he wouldn't have passed away before 1965 ish.

Thank you for the information - it's very appericated.
I was on the website for Cape Briton.

I will check out the other information.

thank you again.

Posted: 13 Mar 2013 3:01PM GMT
Hi there my name is Shaun Warren and I dont really know much about my family but I know my grandfathers name was George J Warren. My fathers name was John Bernard Warren his brother was Hector (Hecky) and Chuck I do belive he had 2 sisters Caroline and (Teece) not sure her real name and his mother I believe was Annie You had mentioned Arthur Parsons wich I do believe is my uncle Art who I havnt seen since I was around 10 or so last time I had seen him he was married to Ruby wich I havnt seen either

Posted: 13 Mar 2013 3:13PM GMT
So I Shaun Charles Warren am the grandson of George J Warren.

Posted: 15 Mar 2013 10:42PM GMT
Marriage Record from https://www.novascotiagenealogy.com/ItemView.aspx?ImageFile=...

George Warren, bachelor,35, Catholic, born Ingonish,NS, father George Warren, born Jersey Island, mother Mary McLean; married Annie McInnis (nee Herman), widow, 22, Catholic, born Holland, father William Herman,born Essen, Germany, mother Anna Junior; on September 25, 1934, Dominion, Cape Breton, Nova Scotia.

Death Records from same website:

George J Warren, widow, born Aug 8 1891, Ingonish, NS, died December 18, 1961 Glace Bay, Cape Breton, Nova Scotia; father George Warren, born England, Jersey Isles, mother Mary MacLean.

Anna Marie Francis Warren, married, born Nov 6 1911, Holland, died July 27, 1956, Glace Bay, Cape Breton, Nova Scotia, father William Herman, born Germany.

Anna Marie Frances Herman married Dan James McInnis April 22, 1930.

Hope this helps

Posted: 12 Mar 2014 12:36AM GMT
Arthur J. Parsons is my Grandfather im Daughter of his Daughter Theresa Marie Parsons !
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions