Search for content in message boards

Abel White

Posted: 11 Apr 2000 7:51AM GMT
Edited: 26 Jun 2001 9:42AM GMT
Looking for further info. Know he was b. ca.1758 in New Hampshire m.Sarah Comfort ca.1779.d. Greenup Ky.1823. Children included Susannah{my gggreat grandmother Seth, Abel Jr. Sabrina, Rebecca, Mary "Polly", Daniel, Anna, John, Asa, Jerimiah, Joel, and Sally. I have some birth dates and spouses if you are interested.Abel was found in the 1790 Census in Montgomery Co. New York in 1790 Steuben Co. New York in 1800 and 1810 Greenup KY. IN 1820

Abel White Jr.

Posted: 14 May 2001 12:22AM GMT
Edited: 5 Feb 2005 12:38AM GMT
I am interested in your information on Abel White Jr. and to see if he is the Abel White from Franklin and Habersham Counties GA
in 1802 through 1820.
Posted: 14 May 2001 1:49AM GMT
Edited: 26 Jun 2001 9:42AM GMT
I'm sorry that I can not be of help to you. My Abel WHITE moved to Greenup,KY and his son Abel remained in Steuben Co. New York He died July 21, 1819 in Rathbone, New York. Thanks for the inquiry.
Posted: 14 May 2001 9:23AM GMT
Edited: 5 Feb 2005 12:38AM GMT
Thank you for the response.
Susan

Re: Abel White

Posted: 27 Feb 2003 4:12PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 4 Mar 2003 3:16PM GMT
I'm interested in Mary (Dolly) White's spouse. Also the dates of birth and/or marriage. Can you help? Thanks!

Posted: 27 Feb 2003 4:18PM GMT
Edited: 4 Mar 2003 3:16PM GMT
Oops! I also needed info on Daniel White. I am interested to know if this is the same Daniel White who was an early pioneer of Scioto County, Ohio. He is buried near the Greater Portsmouth Regional Airport near Minford and there's even a hollow named after him. Locally it is known as Dan White Hollow. Thanks again!

Posted: 12 May 2003 12:33PM GMT
I am related to Abel White through his daughter Suzannah!
Her daughter Mary "Polly" Killpatrick married Hyram Schoonover, their son, James Schooonover married Mary's daughter, Sarah Ann Schooonover Vance, Sarah.s daughter Laura Ella married my grandfather Isaace Parker Henson. My father is Jacob Boyd Henson. I am Laurel Henson Mason.
I am trying to ascertain the true identity of Abel White's father. I believe it is one Seth White who fought in the French and Indian War in 1757 with the Ct. Men from Windham County. My Seth supposedly was born in 1737 in Woodstock, Ct.
Do you have any information that might help me? If not, you can ask away , I have been researching the whites for some time now.

Posted: 12 May 2003 12:40PM GMT
Hello,
I am related to Abel White through her daughter Suzannah White. Suzannah was born in Vermont in 1780. In 1794, she married an Irish Immigrant named Brice Killpatrick. Brice came to the United States as an indentured servant when he was 12 years old. I believe they were married in Vermont. Her daughter was Mary" PollY" Killpatrick. Mary Polly married Hyram Schoonover and eventually moved to Wayne Co Iowa where she and Hyram both died inthe 1870's.
Is this your family?

Posted: 12 May 2003 4:01PM GMT
Edited: 12 Apr 2005 2:50AM GMT
Hi Laurel
Yes, the same family. Susannah's sister was Mary (Polly) who married Wyatt Chamberlin 14 Oct 1813. Wyatt was my ggg-grandfather. Susannah's and Mary's brother Daniel was one of the early settlers in this area. Dan White Hollow is named after him, and I was recently told that you can still see the ruins of his home up the hollow. That area is less than 3 miles from where I live.

I was just looking at some of my notes which has Susannah m. Hiram Schoonover b. 1799 in New Jersey. After reading your message, it's evident that that info is incorrect. Wyatt was from VT also, as was the Searls. The pieces to this puzzle are starting to fit a little. I've been reading a book titled The History of the Lower Scioto Valley - 1884 and so many of the original settlers came from VT from Windsor County. I would love to read some of the old newspapers to see how they all knew about this area. I have copies of land patents for Wyatt and his brother Anson Chamberlin that I found on the internet. This genealogy stuff is so interesting, but so time consuming.

I've read some of your messages to Vic and realized I had located some long lost relatives. Since I live in this area, if there's anything you would like to have me check out at the library or courthouse, let me know. There are still some Schoonovers in the area.

Posted: 12 May 2003 4:12PM GMT
Edited: 12 Apr 2005 2:50AM GMT
Laurel,
I thought you might want to try this website. www.scioto.org scroll down to bureau of land management, land patents window and click, click search land patents and type in the name Schoonover. It brings up lots of Schoonovers including Hiram and Hyram. You can click on each name to read the deed and sometimes the actual deed has more than one name for the patent. Let's say that Hiram and a brother purchased land together. The first name is the only one that will appear on the big list, but on the actual deed it will list both. The above website has lots of info on our area also. I just thought you might find it interesting. Good luck.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic